Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

National Anthem

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

National Anthem

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:18 pm

An outdoor event here at our park. Very informal. Bring your own chairs and cooler. A DJ playing (what else?) Music of the sixties.

When we arrived, I started unfolding my chair and talking to the guy beside me. He put his finger to his lips to hush me. "National Anthem" he said.

There was some country tune blasting from the speakers. It sure wasn't the Star Spangled Banner. It didn't sound like any Anthem I've ever heard. Sounded more like a commercial for a pickup truck.

But I looked around and, sure enough, people were standing to attention. Some had their hand over their heart.

Of course, with some of the old geezers, hand over the heart might just mean, he's having the big one.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

tapeisrolling

Re: National Anthem

Post by tapeisrolling » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:54 pm

At Univ. of Michigan hockey games the only anthem performed by the band is the US. The student section at 10 min. to face-off sing the Canadian anthem. This started several years ago and as time goes on more fans remove hats or stand and many sing along. The arena goes quiet till they are finished and always is followed by applause.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic