Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Turn to 65 degrees.” NO!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
stopnswop2

Re: “Turn to 65 degrees.” NO!

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:30 pm

This is...
Just omfg.

LOOL

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:12 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 am
Well, first you would start with some self awareness, then social awareness would be next. Then a bit of awareness of social context and figures of speech sprinkled in. That’s how you could interpret that.

Unless you’re triggered again and looking for a fight. But not a fist fight. I mean argument. Since there seems to be trouble in comprehension of what people mean, Chief.

Are you finally admitting you’re the troll he mentioned, even though your name wasn’t specifically spelled out for you?
I get called the T-word a lot. I will never say that I am one. Ever. I will never call any of you that name either.

When someone calls me that name and says that I’m dead, realizing I didn’t kill myself and didn’t die from natural causes, the perpetrator of the name-calling is saying they killed me. It’s yet another death threat lobbed at me.
You slept through the lesson on metaphor's I take it?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:12 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 am
Well, first you would start with some self awareness, then social awareness would be next. Then a bit of awareness of social context and figures of speech sprinkled in. That’s how you could interpret that.

Unless you’re triggered again and looking for a fight. But not a fist fight. I mean argument. Since there seems to be trouble in comprehension of what people mean, Chief.

Are you finally admitting you’re the troll he mentioned, even though your name wasn’t specifically spelled out for you?
I get called the T-word a lot. I will never say that I am one. Ever. I will never call any of you that name either.

When someone calls me that name and says that I’m dead, realizing I didn’t kill myself and didn’t die from natural causes, the perpetrator of the name-calling is saying they killed me. It’s yet another death threat lobbed at me.
You slept through the lesson on metaphor's I take it?
It’s “metaphors,” but thanks for playing.
His phone probably did that. My aurocorrect does that to plural words all the time.

And nobody is playing your games

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 pm

One simple grammar or spelling error simply throws just one person's mind into "whoops, auto shutdown" mode, and then it's all over. I wonder' if this oNe person will underrrrstand, that better" than the, MEtaphor. Lol.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:52 pm

I d'ont clean parkiNg lot's and I dou.bt you, are rich?

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Lmao. This whole thing.

News flash: “lmao” isn’t a real word. I’ll let the troll figure it out on its own.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 pm

Drew Magary, ace correspondent for Deadspin had a great take on correcting writing:

"Listen man, I write shit for a living, and even I don’t hit Delete or Backspace that often. That would require me to LOOK at my keyboard and then move my finger two inches more than it is accustomed to. Too much effort. If there’s a typo in my email, it’s fine. The other person will know I meant to say SHITBAG and not SHOTBAW. I ain’t going back."

Take that SHOTBAWS. :blink

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:49 pm

I'm going to add Shotbaw to Urban Dictionary if it's not on there yet, lol

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic