Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Grammy's Rant

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Deleted User 4520

Grammy's Rant

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:55 am

The Grammy's are complete bullshit! No representation for METAL, a genre that ALWAYS gets passed by. Metal bands actually write their own songs and actually sing and not using backing tracks/lip syncing during live performances. Instead these shows play that pop and rap shit with scantily clad women. The Grammy voters need to get their heads out of their asses. Same goes for the American Music Awards and the Billboard Music Awards. Is it really too much to ask for equal representation between all the music types?

Deleted User 14888

Re: Grammy's Rant

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:03 am

You’re absolutely right my friend, The Grammys, The Rock’n Roll Hall Of Fame and The Billboard Awards are all bullshit. All a bunch of commercialized nonsense, The Rock’n Roll Hall Of Fame is not even Rock’n Roll anymore since when is Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, The Beastie Boys and any other R&B acts Rock’n Roll, It’s a shame as to what happened to the Hall Of Fame, I a retired radio guy and have no respect for The Rock’n Roll Hall Of Fame.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 am

Force, maybe there is no metal category because the Grammys are about music.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bugzapper

Post by bugzapper » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 am
Force, maybe there is no metal category because the Grammys are about music.
Now you sound like my dad did back in the day :blink

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:01 pm

The Grammys should be re-named The R&B Grammys, It is Black History Month, You know.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:03 pm

I would beg to differ that Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder don't deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They've been members for over 30 years and in the 60's and 70's their music was considered to be "part" of the over all Rock and Roll music scene. In fact, if it wasn't for the fusion of R&B, Country, Blues, etc, there wouldn't have ever been any Rock and Roll. I believe the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is also missing many members from the 50's and 60's who should be given some strong consideration. Neil Sedaka (his being snubbed is a travesty) and even Paul Anka and Bobby Vee from the early years of Rock and Roll, along with some other deserving people from the 60's, Including Paul Revere and The Raiders, Sonny and Cher, and even the Monkees (with their innovative TV show) and an impressive string of hits should be given more consideration than they have. I know some of you will probably be going off on me, saying some of those artists aren't Rock and Roll, but they were considered Rock and Roll in their days. That's why the Rock and Roll (Top 40 stations) played them and the Middle of the road (Adult stations) didn't.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Then The Rock’n Roll Hall Of Fame should be re-named as The Pop Music Hall Of Fame.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:30 pm

RRHOF is just as bad...but seriously these award shows need to me more diverse instead of just all pop, rap, RnB, country, etc... There are some seriously amazing musicians and song writers in the metal community that do not get the recognition they deserve just because of their "genre". It's sad. I stopped watching long ago because this.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:32 pm

Metal...??
Really?

This is 2019, not 1985

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Since Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on M-T-V
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
'Cause she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

Your comment made me think of that. LOL

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Rock and Roll music and Pop Music, pretty much one in the same until the late 60's-early 70's when the top 40 format began to splinter and gave birth to the AOR and A/C formats.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:34 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm
Since Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on M-T-V
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
'Cause she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

Your comment made me think of that. LOL
:razz :D

Music is my life.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm

The majority of metal bands are just left in the dust! I feel metal fans are being purposely being forgotten and left behind. Nobody cares about us. Most of those bands from the 80's are still putting out killer material today! Face it, we're not gonna see great bands like Iron Maiden, Testament, Slayer, Judas Priest, Exodus, etc.... perform or win awards or even nominated on those shows! For reals, how can Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber for example get all the accolades and not the founding bands of thrash?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Metal is not the only genre being neglected you know.
There is not some anti metal conspiracy on the prowl.

If you aren't some untalented teen "pop" singer, you aren't worthy of attention anymore.
It's a shame but that's how it is today.

Music is dead.

I don't consider trash death metal music though btw.

Hair Metal bands like Dokken, were good. Love it.

Screaming noise is not good though.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Just saw this:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic