Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More pigs escaping from the pen

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Y M Ionhere

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 am
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 am
What is inappropriate about the topic? It's POL POT, what topics are any better?

This is police brutality. If the victim had been Black, it would be all over the National News. Tip to youngsters. Tattoos are used by police for profiling and ID. Don't make yourself a target.
Thanks for acknowledging the issue. The police propaganda machine have been quite effective over the years. From Sesame Street praising police for being the “people in your neighborhood” and portraying them as saints, to news people being literally and figuratively in bed with them, it’s all part of the masquerade that police are always right and the public is always wrong.
Criminals are always wrong. And a scourge on society. Police are the only defense against rapists, carjackers and armed gang members. No organization is perfect. But Ill take an imperfect line of defense over evil-like gang members killing kids in the crossfire, innocent women being raped by drunk punks, old ladies being mugged or robbed inside their home, etc. I stand by my belief that if you are anti-cop, you are complicit in criminals running free.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:38 pm

"Criminals are always wrong"...
Um...no.

I'm sure over half of convicted "criminals" are innocent.

Music is my life.

Turkeytop

The Sardine Thread

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:56 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 pm

Are Sardines Gross?*

:lol

Music is my life.

Turkeytop

The sardines thread.

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:19 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 pm
Are Sardines Gross?*

:lol
No. Add a dolop of sour cream and a dill pickle on the side and you have a treat fit for a king.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:59 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:38 pm
"Criminals are always wrong"...
Um...no.

I'm sure over half of convicted "criminals" are innocent.
Over half? What kind of objective data do you base this on? Not fringe propaganda, but legitimate data. Thats a bold statement. And quite a stretch.And instead of always bashing our line of defense, start giving some actual suggestions to fighting crime and criminal activity that is not fundamentally flawed. Focusing on your hatred of cops ignores the serious problems to public safety that makes such an organization neccesarry. Start being productive in your rants and come up with real solutions to crime and safety threats or shut up and leave it to the experts-of which you clearly arent one.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am

Wow.
I read that as sarcasm?
As in: "Half of the prison population is innocent, just ask them..."

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am

HD74 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am
Wow.
I read that as sarcasm?
Much of it may be in for bullshit reasons (like weed)...

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am
HD74 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am
Wow.
I read that as sarcasm?
Much of it may be in for bullshit reasons (like weed)...
Not saying you are wrong on this...however, they were still knowingly engaged in activity that was unlawful in that jurisdiction. They knew what they were risking. It may not be major, but they still knowingly broke a law. So its not a wrongful conviction...just an offense whose lack of legality can be re-examined and, in the case of Michigan, potentially changed to cut down on those kinds of convictions. Doesnt change the fact that those jailed still knowingly broke a law.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:35 pm

I drive 75 in a 70 all the time, maybe even 80. What's the difference? (I'm not being facetious, just curious why I'm not thrown in jail yet those people caught with weed are, and citing "they broke the law".) They both seem like bullshit reasons to be thrown in jail, yet one has a different result than the other.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm

I was not being sarcastic, nor was I basing it on any factual evidence.
I'm just saying, the justice system is flawed and I don't doubt a large majority of people in prison are actally innocent.
Or like NS said, in for bullshit reasons like marijuana, not paying child support, etc.

Music is my life.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm
I'm just saying, the justice system is flawed and I don't doubt a large majority of people in prison are actally innocent.
Or like NS said, in for bullshit reasons like marijuana, not paying child support, etc.
Lumping non-payment of support in with weedheads? What kind of relativism is this?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Lumping non-payment of support in with weedheads? What kind of relativism is this?
I’d rather have a cop solving a rape murder or robbery case than arresting somebody for not paying their baby momma... it’s not relativism... it’s prioritization...

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:25 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
I’d rather have a cop solving a rape murder or robbery case than arresting somebody for not paying their baby momma... it’s not relativism... it’s prioritization...
No, it is relativism and "baby momma" is a racist pejorative. Well played...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:35 pm

racist??
Oh ffs. And no its not relativism. It's priority.
NS said It perfectly!

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic