Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Old Test equipment

Are you a broadcaster, print media or electronic media company looking to hire? Do you have production or creative services to offer? Are you an engineer or techie looking to buy or sell equipment? If the answer to any of the questions is "Yes," let the Buzzboard audience know about it here!
Ed Joseph

Old Test equipment

Post by Ed Joseph » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:53 pm

I'm looking for some older test gear, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, either working or economically repaired. Tube stuff is fine.

In particular, I need:

Capacitance/inductance bridge like an old Heathkit or Eico, that can test values AND leakage.
Audio generator
Distortion analyser
Gain set or dB meter
Vacuum Tube Volt Meter
RF generator
Signal injector/tracer
Oscillioscope (good to HF freqs would be awesome)
Field Intensity Meter
Any other old test gear

Frankly, FREE fits my budget right now, but I'll consider cheap as well. I can make a road trip to pick up within reason.
If you have old parts or gear hogging up space in a storage shed or backroom you want cleared out, let me know. Always interested in old consoles, processors, tape decks, turntables, mixers, EQ's, meter panels and probably any other odd radio crap... dead or alive.

If you have old record\CD'\tape libraries, software, hardware and computer crap... I love that stuff as well. Just your basic broadcasting/radio junk in general.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Arthur Mometer

Re: Old Test equipment

Post by Arthur Mometer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:14 pm

If you or anyone has a decent fairly recently calibrated AM BC FI meter, I am willing to go half for a one half Time Share agreement, with a buyout option. I'm within an hour of many of you, including two or more Eds. IM me with details.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Boy, I'd like to know of someone myself, Arthur.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:43 pm

Darn! I wish I saw your post a couple months ago!! I had two older nice Tektronix tube scopes that I was getting rid of and didn't want to just throw them away (which I ended up doing). They were identical 4 channel machines. One was a 'donor' machine and the other was in pretty nice working order. Just taking up too much space. I also had an old Heathkit but I don't think that would have made it all the way though to HF... might have been a 5MHz machine.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Dang. I did manage to score a working RF generator on eBay, matching unit to my Heathkit o'scope. Still in bad need of an audio generator and cap bridge.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic