Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Turn to 65 degrees.” NO!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: “Turn to 65 degrees.” NO!

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:23 am
I refuse to be told what to do.
You and Micheal Brown. How that work out for him?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
I hope you enjoy living a lonely and unproductive life. Collaboration in relationships, workplace, and society requires being an Indian once in a while. A "Cheif" with no followers is just a misanthrope. But I understand that you have been told that for several years on this board. This will be my first and last time I will address you here.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Shuts Up

Re: “Turn to 65 degrees.” MORE COMPLICATED

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:43 am

I happen to agree that it was good idea to dial down a little. VOLUNTARILY. But remember that the people on the Left want to shut down reasonably priced fuel, including gas, oil, coal, and nuclear. If they create artificial energy shortage crises this way, the demands become even more onerous.

But we are on a slippery slope with such "suggestions". How long until we are legally required to dial down? What will the penalties be? And the requests will become more demanding (Turn down to 60 degrees-OR ELSE!). And the penalities will become ever increasing. Consider the ever lower BAC that constitutes drunk driving, moving now to 0.05%. If you have a CPL, it can already be suspended if you are above 0.02%. And you are then in for the hassle of your life. Frequent stops, searches for weapons, ever increasing physical contact by the police. Waiting outside your house or fine wine restaurant waiting for you to mess up.

Our electric meters can now monitor our energy usage IN REAL TIME, and have the ability to shut your electricity down by remote control IN REAL TIME. How long before these edicts are enforced this way? This is REAL. When did this technology and hardware and software start? With Interruptible Air Conditioning, to save a little on your electric bill. Convenience. Then Communism. Not a conspiracy theory. Incrementalism-The ever increasing temperature in the lobster pot.

Ancestry DNA tests show us that people with different geographic latitudes have DNA differences. One is differences in the tolerance of hot and cold temperatures. I saw it firsthand in college dormitories, living with residents from all over the world. You cannot set a single temperature as appropriate for all. And yet if we did set differences based on this, we would be hearing the "R" word screamed all the time.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:44 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
No kidding. Hence why your extreme hate for the police and anyone in authority. Oh what a JOY

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:29 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:21 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
I hope you enjoy living a lonely and unproductive life. Collaboration in relationships, workplace, and society requires being an Indian once in a while. A "Cheif" with no followers is just a misanthrope. But I understand that you have been told that for several years on this board. This will be my first and last time I will address you here.
Wow. Collaboration requires being a racist? They’re not “Indians”! They’re not from India!

What’s a “Cheif”? Even your autocorrect is ignorant.
Fantastic... even expressions and idioms are not immune...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 pm

Growing up near a reservation, I understand the issue. However, there's a difference between words and actions. I've been called all kinds of derogatory words by good friends as a way to express comradery. We should be more conscious of derogatory actions.

That being said, I don't think this one has much chance at comradery so he may not understand the nuances.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:02 pm

You have made 3 threads about this.
Why?

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:31 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:50 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:29 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:21 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wow. Collaboration requires being a racist? They’re not “Indians”! They’re not from India!

What’s a “Cheif”? Even your autocorrect is ignorant.
Fantastic... even expressions and idioms are not immune...
Now Native Americans are “idioms”? Wow, just wow.
You said it.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 am

LL101.
Do you even know how Native Americans got the term "Indians" ?

It's not some random racist slur as you want to imply.

It goes back to Columbus.
During his voyage he was actually trying to reach India, but accidently ended up in North America.
He was very far off course obviously and he had no idea NA existed, so he assumed it to actually be India, thus giving the native people inhabiting the land the term "Indians".

"Chief" is also not a racist slur...

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am

Looks like instead of preventing it, you just started that squaw conversation right there, Chief.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:00 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am
Looks like instead of preventing it, you just started that squaw conversation right there, Chief.
:rollin

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:15 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 am
LL101.
Do you even know how Native Americans got the term "Indians" ?

It's not some random racist slur as you want to imply.

It goes back to Columbus.
During his voyage he was actually trying to reach India, but accidently ended up in North America.
He was very far off course obviously and he had no idea NA existed, so he assumed it to actually be India, thus giving the native people inhabiting the land the term "Indians".

"Chief" is also not a racist slur...
Columbus was ignorant calling them “Indians.” Ignorant people today still refer to them as such.

Oh, and not all indigenous people that the ignorant refer to as “Indians” have a “Chief.” It’s racist to assume so. By the way, the women don’t like to be referred to as “squaws” either. Just hoping to prevent that conversation altogether.
Ignorant? He was mistaken...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:34 am

Exactly.
Confusing your location is not ignorance...

You are the one being ignorant LL.

You are also the one trying to start racist conversations. Nobody else was until you started this.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:07 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:30 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:34 am
Exactly.
Confusing your location is not ignorance...

You are the one being ignorant LL.

You are also the one trying to start racist conversations. Nobody else was until you started this.

I’ve also never worn blackface. I wish we all could say that.
LMAO

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic