Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
stopnswop2
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Oh my, the quoting feature didn't work right there. At first I thought you were replying to yourself LL101 😄


Music is my life.

Y M Ionhere
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:33 pm

You start a post about agenda-driven, dishonest, biased media misinformation. Then link a bunch of articles you blindly take at face value from the same media you called out for bias and fake news.
Do I need to explain the irony.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:31 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:33 pm
You start a post about agenda-driven, dishonest, biased media misinformation. Then link a bunch of articles you blindly take at face value from the same media you called out for bias and fake news.
Do I need to explain the irony.
He might need you to..



stopnswop2
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:55 am

Lmao. I agree but I'll also pretend I don't because LL101 is very sweet
Don't hate on him.
😏


Music is my life.

Y M Ionhere
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:12 am
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:33 pm
You start a post about agenda-driven, dishonest, biased media misinformation. Then link a bunch of articles you blindly take at face value from the same media you called out for bias and fake news.
Do I need to explain the irony.
You told at least two lies here, Skippy.

Where did I “...link a bunch of articles...”? I linked only once, and it was a YouTube video.

You said the “...bunch of articles...” (which I have proven is a lie) was “...from the same media you called out for bias and fake news.” Nope again, Skippy! It was a video taken from an innocent citizen who recorded the police himself. It was not a story from any traditional news media.

Any more lies you want to tell? I’m all ears!

You’ve been hanging out with autoliar too much.
All your police rant threads have link after link. Theres 4 or 5 threads always being added to with media links.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:40 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 am
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 am
[quote=lovinlife101 post_id=559152 time=<a href="tel:1548331977">1548331977</a> user_id=9159]
[quote="Y M Ionhere" post_id=559132 time=<a href="tel:1548304413">1548304413</a> user_id=8870]
You start a post about agenda-driven, dishonest, biased media misinformation. Then link a bunch of articles you blindly take at face value from the same media you called out for bias and fake news.
Do I need to explain the irony.
You told at least two lies here, Skippy.

Where did I “...link a bunch of articles...”? I linked only once, and it was a YouTube video.

You said the “...bunch of articles...” (which I have proven is a lie) was “...from the same media you called out for bias and fake news.” Nope again, Skippy! It was a video taken from an innocent citizen who recorded the police himself. It was not a story from any traditional news media.

Any more lies you want to tell? I’m all ears!

You’ve been hanging out with autoliar too much.
All your police rant threads have link after link. Theres 4 or 5 threads always being added to with media links.
[/quote]

Do you have Rihanna’s “Love the Way You Autolie” set on repeat?

Your ignorant response gives me another opportunity to point out another lie. Your timing is off.

You said that I started this post and “then” link a bunch of news articles. “Then” means to come after. Show me where!

The fact is, there aren’t any news articles I posted after this thread started.

This is fun! Let’s keep playing!
[/quote]

You hit “new post” then added links to it... Therefore you added them after you started it. You lose. Done. End. Checkmate. Thanks for playing.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:34 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am
Thanks for continuing to play! Just what I want!

“Links”? Where?

I linked one YouTube video to this thread. That’s it, not several that you accused me of. And it wasn’t a traditional news clip that you accused me of.

Time for you to take a nap. You must be tired from moving the goalposts. You never tire of lying, though.
You keep saying you when I haven’t even bothered to speak to you in any game playing sense before my previous attempt. Reading is fundamental. I didn’t accuse you of anything or lie... you fail.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:12 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 am
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:34 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am
Thanks for continuing to play! Just what I want!

“Links”? Where?

I linked one YouTube video to this thread. That’s it, not several that you accused me of. And it wasn’t a traditional news clip that you accused me of.

Time for you to take a nap. You must be tired from moving the goalposts. You never tire of lying, though.
You keep saying you when I haven’t even bothered to speak to you in any game playing sense before my previous attempt. Reading is fundamental. I didn’t accuse you of anything or lie... you fail.
Oh, look! I’m posting a traditional news article to further prove my point!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna962131

This guy harassed teens, lied about them, and yet the news runs a story of him forgiving them for standing respectfully.
Lose and ignore. Desperation is a disease.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:57 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am
Thanks for continuing to play! Just what I want!

“Links”? Where?

I linked one YouTube video to this thread. That’s it, not several that you accused me of. And it wasn’t a traditional news clip that you accused me of.

Time for you to take a nap. You must be tired from moving the goalposts. You never tire of lying, though.
AutoLiar has twins now.
Great!


Music is my life.

bmw
Posts: 2531
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:56 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 am
If I were the young man's family, I'd consider filing defamation law suits against all the major news organizations who intentionally exhibited bias and hatred in the reporting of this story for the purposes of using it as political fodder.
Looks like that is a work in progress. They have apparently hired attorney L. Lin Wood - a rather high-profile attorney with quite the resume. https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaking- ... -lin-wood/

Per the article, these are the people and organizations they are considering suing:

Kathy Griffin
USA Today
Andrea Mitchell
The Washington Post
Maggie Haberman of the NY Times
Esquire
S.E. Cupp
Tom Watson

And of course, no major media outlet is reporting on this. https://www.google.com/search?q=L.+Lin+ ... 52&bih=760



User avatar
Howard Jones
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by Howard Jones » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:59 pm

How was that incident with the MAGA-hat boys thing even worthy of initial coverage by the so-called mainstream media?

No one got hurt. No one even touched anyone else. No one broke any laws. There was no reason for law enforcement to be called (and thankfully no one did). Nothing happened other than a bunch of opinions and interpretations run amok.

Was the fact that nothing "real" actually happened specifically reported by anyone? I sure didn't see it.

-- flash, for immediate release --
BREAKING NEWS! Nothing out of the ordinary happened in Washington DC during a day that featured several events that had different political agendas!! There were various opinions expressed, and even some verbal and non-verbal back and forth between groups of people, but there was no violence and no arrests.

On the Mall in front of the Lincoln Memorial after all the official activities had ended, some of the people wore clothing that other people didn't like. Some of the other people shouted things that others were offended by. And finally, some of the other people banged on small drums.

We'll continue to provide coverage of nothing whatsoever as this situation continues to escalate into even more nothingness. Back to you in the studio.
-- end flash --


Things can only get better

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4543
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm

The only thing we really learned is some unemployed native American with poor personal hygiene and perhaps looking for 15 seconds of fame decided to make a mountain out of a moe hill. Would not surprise me at all if he was planted there for the express purpose of creating a fake news story.


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

FET-500
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by FET-500 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm
Would not surprise me at all if he was planted there for the express purpose of creating a fake news story.
Yes sir, allow me to direct you to Rolling Stone #250, October 20, 1977 – The CIA & The Press by Carl Bernstein.

"more than 400 American journalists who in the past twenty‑five years have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters. Some of these journalists’ relationships with the Agency were tacit; some were explicit. There was cooperation, accommodation and overlap. Journalists provided a full range of clandestine services—from simple intelligence gathering to serving as go‑betweens with spies in Communist countries. Reporters shared their notebooks with the CIA. Editors shared their staffs. Some of the journalists were Pulitzer Prize winners..."

If the number was greater than 400 in 1977, what is it today?

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm
Would not surprise me at all if he was planted there for the express purpose of creating a fake news story.
Yes sir, allow me to direct you to Rolling Stone #250, October 20, 1977 – The CIA & The Press by Carl Bernstein.

"more than 400 American journalists who in the past twenty‑five years have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters. Some of these journalists’ relationships with the Agency were tacit; some were explicit. There was cooperation, accommodation and overlap. Journalists provided a full range of clandestine services—from simple intelligence gathering to serving as go‑betweens with spies in Communist countries. Reporters shared their notebooks with the CIA. Editors shared their staffs. Some of the journalists were Pulitzer Prize winners..."

If the number was greater than 400 in 1977, what is it today?

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php
Not sure what the relevance is...stuff that happened between 1952 and 1977. There is no more reason to assume it has escalated verses disappeared. Plus the CIA doesn't really work domestically so any news connection today would be likely overseas.
As suggested by MW its some drum beating loser looking for his 15 minutes.


I no longer directly engage trolls

FET-500
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Fake news, agenda-driven bias, and ignorance

Post by FET-500 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:53 am

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm
Would not surprise me at all if he was planted there for the express purpose of creating a fake news story.
Yes sir, allow me to direct you to Rolling Stone #250, October 20, 1977 – The CIA & The Press by Carl Bernstein.

"more than 400 American journalists who in the past twenty‑five years have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters. Some of these journalists’ relationships with the Agency were tacit; some were explicit. There was cooperation, accommodation and overlap. Journalists provided a full range of clandestine services—from simple intelligence gathering to serving as go‑betweens with spies in Communist countries. Reporters shared their notebooks with the CIA. Editors shared their staffs. Some of the journalists were Pulitzer Prize winners..."

If the number was greater than 400 in 1977, what is it today?

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php
Not sure what the relevance is...stuff that happened between 1952 and 1977. There is no more reason to assume it has escalated verses disappeared. Plus the CIA doesn't really work domestically so any news connection today would be likely overseas.
As suggested by MW its some drum beating loser looking for his 15 minutes.

The C.I.A. has never operated within it's charter; that's the point. GHW Bush's reaction as C.I.A. Director to the Church Committee report and Bernstein's expose was to "officially end" the practice of recruiting journalists.

It's not just writers though... It's actors, hackers and social justice warriors too.

It really appears that the "mockingbird" is alive but don't believe me, ask Judith Miller.

"There is no more reason to assume it has escalated verses disappeared. "

Sure there is... We have an established trend line with no data to counter the preceding trend.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic