I agree with most of your points. I like the idea of a AAA in the market but the musical chairs to get it done seems ridiculous.
I think many thought the only reason to uproot country off 94.5 was to slide WHTS into that frequency either now or following an LAV simulcast. Their transmitter issues, even before last year's tower fiasco, have been a thorn for years.
Putting WBBL out of its misery was long overdue. As an EZS fan, I'm glad he's got his own podcast now because that was a turd of a station that I can't believe they let go on as long as it did.
I do hope that the Thunder branding will lead to something more interesting on that station. It had a fun couple of years as a good alternative to B93 when it embraced some of the music they wouldn't play. Simply parroting the same playlist is not going to work.
All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Analyzing the Cumulus format moves...
Re: Analyzing the Cumulus format moves...
In life when I have decisions to make I always think to myself, What Would Scott Hall Do?
Then I buy a bunch of cheap booze and drink myself to sleep.
Then I buy a bunch of cheap booze and drink myself to sleep.
Re: Analyzing the Cumulus format moves...
I would've put the AAA on 105.3, except calling it "Grand Rapids 105.3" like "Ann Arbors 107.1" instead of putting a random Q label on it which is a distant homage to a station that left 94.5 15 years ago (WKLQ) and kept country on 94.5 and fix LAV's signal.
I do agree that 100.5 would've made a better transition to AAA than 94.5, at least Iheart didnt do and create another trainwreck like what 106.7 is and put it on 101.3.
In regards to Iheart, can somewhat Imagine WOOD being put on 101.3, as that would have a better signal to GR than 106.9 and putting WMUS back on 106.9
I do agree that 100.5 would've made a better transition to AAA than 94.5, at least Iheart didnt do and create another trainwreck like what 106.7 is and put it on 101.3.
In regards to Iheart, can somewhat Imagine WOOD being put on 101.3, as that would have a better signal to GR than 106.9 and putting WMUS back on 106.9
-
Deleted User 12201
Re: Analyzing the Cumulus format moves...
I am certain this is all because Cumulus was trying to head off a perceived Alt (or even AAA) move by iHR. It would have been the next logical thing to do on 101.3 with the terrible ratings it is getting. I think the market can support a AAA station, but it is going to take some good promotion and determining best how to get the 25-44 demo off their phones and onto a radio. GR is being known as an artistic and more youth oriented place these days, so that probably helped Cumulus’ decision, too. Time will tell, it is definitely an interesting choice...
- Lester The Nightfly
- Posts: 1956
- Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm
Re: Analyzing the Cumulus format moves...
I wonder if they believe they'll pry any ears away from WYCE or are the two that different?jaydubs wrote: ↑Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:02 am I am certain this is all because Cumulus was trying to head off a perceived Alt (or even AAA) move by iHR. It would have been the next logical thing to do on 101.3 with the terrible ratings it is getting. I think the market can support a AAA station, but it is going to take some good promotion and determining best how to get the 25-44 demo off their phones and onto a radio. GR is being known as an artistic and more youth oriented place these days, so that probably helped Cumulus’ decision, too. Time will tell, it is definitely an interesting choice...