All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Fall 2018 Nielsen Audio #'s for Kalamazoo

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Post Reply
Qs23
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Re: Fall 2018 Nielsen Audio #'s for Kalamazoo

Unread post by Qs23 »

Well it looks like WKZO lives and dies with the Tigers. WVFM also dropped in BC. I wonder what their morning drive time numbers are...

And I hope that this book kills the Christmas music push. I used Pandora way to much this last couple of months.
Michigan Media
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Re: Fall 2018 Nielsen Audio #'s for Kalamazoo

Unread post by Michigan Media »

I am curious about the sudden drop for WRKR. Is the Kalamazoo market too saturated with Classic Rock? WZUU and WRKR are virtually identical these days in terms of music direction. Jack FM's playlist is very heavy on Classic Rock tracks. Is that typical of the Jack format or is that unique to this market? Also, there is some Classic Rock crossover with the Classic Hits format on K102.5.

Would it be smart for WVFM to skew younger now that 96.5 is skewing older with the Jack FM format? I am not recommending a full blown CHR format, but I think Hot AC would reduce audience overlap with Jack FM and take some points away from WKFR.
option1
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Fall 2018 Nielsen Audio #'s for Kalamazoo

Unread post by option1 »

How nobody, (hello Midwest), has put on a true top40 in k-zoo to compete with kfr is unbelievable. Look at the numbers. KFR has almost 3x the 12+ numbers as the closest competitor and it’s their sister station!

KFR has been masquerading as a top40 for years. It’s a Hot AC. They avoid rhythmic songs like the transmitter will blow up. Not to say that a top40 that bangs its powers 105x a week will beat kfr, but it can’t do any worse than what exists in the market now.
Post Reply