Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Steve79 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 am
Listening now.... STILL very heavy R&B. RONI - BOBBY BROWN is playing now! This needs to go!
What happened to artists like Richard Marx? Phil Collins? Bread?
They kept in one Richard Marx song, "Hold On To The Nights" which plays multiple times a day.

For Phil Collins, they are currently only playing:
"You Can't Hurry Love" and "In The Air Tonight" for some stupid reason.

They also were playing the one Bread song I requested, "Everything I Own", but now it's gone.

I do have hopes for the Bread song to come back though, as I put it in my list of songs that were removed, and today I've heard a ton back on from my list.
(RadioKev, still want to laugh at me for all my lists hm?, lol)

Music is my life.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:57 pm

This station was just awful today! Not liking it much at all! I pray that things revert back to the old playlist or at least a happy medium between the two.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:03 pm

The way it sounded from midnight to 7 am needs to be how it always sounds.
Apparently all the strange RnB tunes were scheduled to play lumped together midmornin.
I fell asleep at like 7:30 so I don't know what played between then and 1 pm, but I take your word for it that it all played then.
Ughh

Music is my life.

Deleted User 12201

Post by Deleted User 12201 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Clearly, they're experimenting with heavy dayparting and seeing how that translates onto those lovely PPM devices come the next reporting time. It's a little odd that they didn't step up to the plate with a firm game plan, this is the most tweaking I've read about for a radio station in quite some time.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:27 pm

I never thought I'd say these words but...... I wished 98.7 was owned by iheart radio! At least they don't fuck up a station this quick. From the get go this station was rushed and amateur sounding, from the logo to the station ID's... Other than Sandy Kovach the rest of the jocks are boring as hell and are doing nothing more than reading lines. They talk about the contest they are running, and to tell your friends about the new 987... That's it. No talk about weather, news stories, etc. As for the playlist it's all over the place, no consistency what so ever. We dont need another WMXD or WNIC. I haven't been this let down so quickly since my last date I was on. 😕

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm

I'm with you there all the way Steve 😕

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Steve79 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:27 pm
I never thought I'd say these words but...... I wished 98.7 was owned by iheart radio! At least they don't fuck up a station this quick. From the get go this station was rushed and amateur sounding, from the logo to the station ID's... Other than Sandy Kovach the rest of the jocks are boring as hell and are doing nothing more than reading lines. They talk about the contest they are running, and to tell your friends about the new 987... That's it. No talk about weather, news stories, etc. As for the playlist it's all over the place, no consistency what so ever. We dont need another WMXD or WNIC. I haven't been this let down so quickly since my last date I was on. 😕
Bring back WLLZ, I’ll get out of retirement and work my old shift at 98.7.

Detroit313

Post by Detroit313 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:53 pm

iHeart The Breeze in Sacramento and Philadelphia sound good. WDZH sounds like a mess.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:53 pm
iHeart The Breeze in Sacramento and Philadelphia sound good. WDZH sounds like a mess.
Ive been so hooked on KISQ I completely forgot those 2 also flipped when 98.7 did.
I'll give them a listen tonight and see how they sound!

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:46 pm

I just checked out the playlist history for the Sacramento station and wow I'm impressed!
I personally like the San Francisco one better, but both are great compared to our little RnB Disaster called WDZH

EDIT:
I just looked at the playlist history for 106.1 The Breeze in Philly
This one is much much better than Sacramento's, but still doesn't beat San Francisco's.

All 3 combined make WDZH's updated playlist.. actually the entire station.. look like a ghetto trash can.
HOWEVER, the old playlist 98.7 had before switching to this RnB mess, was superior to all 3 combined

Music is my life.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 pm
Steve79 wrote:
I like your signature about "Pretty Ballerina" by the Left Banke (Was that BCCI?). It was inspired by Renee Fladen Kamm, who the songwriter only worshipped from afar. She really did have hair so brilliant that it hurt his eyes.

https://www.purpleclover.com/entertainm ... aden-kamm/

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Steve79 wrote:
I like your signature about "Pretty Ballerina" by the Left Banke (Was that BCCI?). The songwriter was inspired by Renee Fladen Kamm, who he only worshipped from afar. She really did have hair so brilliant that it hurt his eyes!

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 pm
Oldies 84 wrote:
Steve79 wrote:
I like your signature about "Pretty Ballerina" by the Left Banke (Was that BCCI?). It was inspired by Renee Fladen Kamm, who the songwriter only worshipped from afar. She really did have hair so brilliant that it hurt his eyes.

I’m glad you noticed, every day there is a new one mainly 60’s, that’s cool you enjoyed that, Have a Good Day!

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

I don’t expect a 1,000 song library, but this is ridiculous. Does 98.7s library consist of 200 songs? Ugh.

At least when Doug 93.1 was around, there were no jocks either, but the library seemed much larger.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:49 pm

More like 75 songs. No joke

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic