All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Spectrum subscribers lose access to WXMI

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Post Reply
Schyster
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: Spectrum subscribers lose access to WXMI

Unread post by Schyster »

I think we are going to see a lot more of this, as large station owners continue to demand big money for broadcasts they give away for free over the air. My cable provider breaks down the fee paid to local providers, and it is now up to $13/month. For free over the air channels. I noticed WOOD isn't even promoting the fact that their station can be viewed over the air (for free) to Acentek viewers.
User avatar
dwp49423
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: West Michigan

Re: Spectrum subscribers lose access to WXMI

Unread post by dwp49423 »

Spectrum claims Tribune wants triple the old amount. Tribune says this wrong and they only want fair compensation. However, neither side has disclosed numbers. Am curious how much it is per subscriber per month.
---
Scripps Community News: Take Away the Anchors and People Will Tune to Another Station
ftballfan
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Spectrum subscribers lose access to WXMI

Unread post by ftballfan »

Saw on Facebook that WXMI is back on Spectrum as of this morning
User avatar
Mickey Lolich
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 5:16 pm
Location: West Michigan
Contact:

Re: Spectrum subscribers lose access to WXMI

Unread post by Mickey Lolich »

Yeah, screw 'em. I have an antenna in the air and get broadcast HD for free. I only subscribe to Netflix.

Whenever I am at someone's house with cable or dish, I am flabbergasted at how many commercials are on the channels they pay (often $100 to $200 a month) for.
29
OneBigFan
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Spectrum subscribers lose access to WXMI

Unread post by OneBigFan »

I have digital antenna and Hulu Live. Between FS1 on Hulu and WXMI on antenna you really only need an internet connection and say good bye to local channel fees.
Post Reply