Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:16 pm

I don't see it ending anytime soon. Democrats are just now taking over the House and their first act of business certainly will NOT be providing so much as a penny of funding for a wall. Trump has dug his heels in and knows that his base will abandon him if he caves.

So we have a showdown, and I don't see either side blinking before the end of January.

In the end I think House democrats cave and give at least some money for something resembling a wall (probably in the neighborhood of $2 to $2.5 billion) and I think that comes in mid-February.

Mega Hertz

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:57 pm

I don't care if there's child raping and mom killing in the streets. I'm a right winger and I wanna gloat that we won. Doesn't matter how abhorrent the end result is. We won, libs!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Meanwhile, E-Verify system services have shut down...

https://www.e-verify.gov/

The irony is thicker than a 72-oz. steak at Brann's

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:48 pm

"shut down" and "not actively managed" are 2 entirely different things.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Wait till the trumptards discover how a government shutdown impacts them. Then he will back down...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm
Wait till the trumptards discover how a government shutdown impacts them. Then he will back down...
And in what way is that exactly? The best the leftist media can come up with so far is that the national parks have no rangers and thus are getting dirty.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:28 pm

Just so we're clear, from the website:

Due to the lapse in federal funding, this website will not be actively managed. More info.
E- Verify and E-Verify services are unavailable. More info.

E-Verify AND E-Verify SERVICES ARE UNAVAILABLE
E-Verify and E-Verify services are currently unavailable due to a lapse in government appropriations.

E-Verify Accounts Inaccessible
While E-Verify is unavailable, employers will not be able to access their E-Verify accounts to:

Enroll in E-Verify;
Create an E-Verify case;

View or take action on any case;
Add, delete or edit any user account;
Reset passwords;
Edit company information;
Terminate accounts; and
Run reports.
Also, employees will be unable to resolve E-Verify Tentative Nonconfirmations (TNCs).

E-Verify Policies Implemented to Minimize Impact
We understand that E-Verify’s unavailability may have a significant impact on employer operations. To minimize the burden on both employers and employees, the following policies have been implemented:

The “three-day rule” for creating E-Verify cases is suspended for cases affected by the unavailability of E-Verify.
The time period during which employees may resolve TNCs will be extended. The number of days E-Verify is not available will not count toward the days the employee has to begin the process of resolving their TNCs.
We will provide additional guidance regarding “three-day rule” and time period to resolve TNCs deadlines once operations resume.
Employers may not take adverse action against an employee because the E-Verify case is in an interim case status, including while the employee’s case is in an extended interim case status due to the unavailability of E-Verify.
Federal contractors with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause should contact their contracting officer to inquire about extending federal contractor deadlines.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:57 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:27 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm
And in what way is that exactly? The best the leftist media can come up with so far is that the national parks have no rangers and thus are getting dirty.
Well, stop orders have reached almost every government contractor by now. They will lay off their laborers immediately. Here in Traverse City, the Coast Guard is being forced to work without pay and people are donating money to help them buy groceries. Anything that requires permitting will be on hold. I assure you that there are many Trump voters who suck off the teat of the government and will be impacted soon.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:57 am

Human waste overflowing on to America’s pristine and beautiful national parks is a SYMBOL of Trump’s disdain and disrespect for our public lands and treasured landmarks. You know - “drill baby, drill”. No land set aside for all to enjoy when there’s a way to make an industrial buck off same. Mine, strip, cut, drill, defile with chemicals. Unbridled greed - the Trump Creed - now symbolized in photos of our filthy national parks. Not to mention all the rangers told to stay home. And not being paid.
Shameful.

Make America Great Again means Make America the Butt of a Sick International Joke. The world is laughing at our stupidity in ever electing him. General Mattis knows it. John McCain knew it. And every shocked world leader is either crying, or licking his/her chops with glee.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 am

We are still 2 days short of the Obama 16 day shutdown and 7 days short of the Clinton 21 day shutdown.
I can't remember the level of liberal outrage back then. Can somebody refresh me?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:59 pm

“Level of Liberal Outrage” - I don’t see any outrage... I see a lot of people, both sides of the ball, thinking that this is a total waste of resources and energy. I see a few people, mostly conservatives, thinking that this is their leverage point to win votes in 2020. I see a Democrat House trying to figure out how to handle this better than their opposites did under Clinton and Obama. But more than anything else, I see the continuous never ending election cycle at it’s peak. And it disgusts me. Best excuse for term limits I’ve seen...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:10 pm

T Rump can't win here. If he tries to be a statesman and makes a deal for anything less than the 5, the media and left will trumpet the fact that "he caved" and they won.

He has to hold. Its the only way he can win.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:10 pm
T Rump can't win here. If he tries to be a statesman and makes a deal for anything less than the 5, the media and left will trumpet the fact that "he caved" and they won.

He has to hold. Its the only way he can win.
He folds like a cheap suit every time...

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:35 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:57 am
Human waste overflowing on to America’s pristine and beautiful national parks is a SYMBOL of Trump’s disdain and disrespect for our public lands and treasured landmarks. You know - “drill baby, drill”. No land set aside for all to enjoy when there’s a way to make an industrial buck off same. Mine, strip, cut, drill, defile with chemicals. Unbridled greed - the Trump Creed - now symbolized in photos of our filthy national parks. Not to mention all the rangers told to stay home. And not being paid.
Shameful.

Make America Great Again means Make America the Butt of a Sick International Joke. The world is laughing at our stupidity in ever electing him. General Mattis knows it. John McCain knew it. And every shocked world leader is either crying, or licking his/her chops with glee.
Really, Human waste in National Parks, Who the hell is pooping in the National Parks, Just who the hell writes this stuff? Fake News at its best must be The PBS Newshour.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:24 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 am
We are still 2 days short of the Obama 16 day shutdown and 7 days short of the Clinton 21 day shutdown.
I can't remember the level of liberal outrage back then. Can somebody refresh me?
Clinton's shutdown was effectively a week longer because of a large snowstorm that hit very soon after the shutdown ended.

My prediction: A sizable portion of the Republicans in both the House and Senate agree to support the Democrat plan with about $2.5-3 billion in wall funding, enough for a 2/3 majority in both houses to override a potential Trump veto (can appropriation bills be overridden?). I predict this will happen either this coming week or the next week.

Side prediction: Trump either doesn't finish his term or is blown out in November 2020 (the EC will be a similar margin to 2008, but whoever comes out of the Dem primaries will win at least 55% of the popular vote as the Dems will run up the score in the traditionally blue states while Trump would narrowly hold on to some of the traditionally red states). If Mike Pence is the candidate, the 2020 election will be closer, but the Dem candidate would still be the favorite.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic