Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tigers working toward Gibson, Morris as 2019 TV analysts

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

IIN4MU

Re: Tigers working toward Gibson, Morris as 2019 TV analysts

Post by IIN4MU » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:51 am

God help us.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:38 am

I won't much care till the Tigers get good again.
I'm an intelligent consumer, (not a "bandwagon fan") so I won't waste much time or money on the bad product the Tigers are likely to be in the short term.

I no longer directly engage trolls

gcbb832

Post by gcbb832 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:44 am

It'd be great to have Jack and Gibby on the Tigers' 2019 broadcasts. Both-especially Gibby-are intelligent, articulate observers and narrators of the game, and would likely be a major upgrade over scrappers Allen and Impemba, though Rod bequeathed "Second Deck" to 97.1 listeners .

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:00 pm

I probably won't notice terribly much as long as the Tigers continue to remain at the bottom of the barrel.

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

blizzard

Post by blizzard » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:48 pm

They should add Rozey in there.
Just for extra colour.... :hat

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:50 am

I really don't mind and the Tigers probably don't either. This is going to be a terrible season.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:09 am

This means that the team in the broadcast booth will be better than the team on the field! :lol

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

KeenerGold

Post by KeenerGold » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:47 pm

JIM PRICE STINKS!!!!

deadend

Post by deadend » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:50 pm

jim price DOES stink!!!!!!

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Starting to think that Shep WON’T be the play by play announcer considering that he was just announced to be the new morning host for a statewide morning sports show....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (1-4-2019)

Popular H*** Show Joins Matt Shepard in Powerful Michigan Media Network Radio Lineup

GRAND RAPIDS – The Michigan Media Network has reached an agreement in principle with Cumulus Radio Grand Rapids to take over the popular H*** Show.

Under the agreement, the H*** Show and its network would merge into the Michigan Media Network, which also features the popular Shep, Shower ‘N’ Shave show of Matt Shepard in the 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. morning drive slot across the state.

THE TICKET West Michigan’s Sports Radio Network will be heard on four over-the-air frequencies; 106.1FM soon and 1340AM in Grand Rapids and 1490AM and a new FM dial spot yet to be determined in Muskegon. The H*** Show will start anew Monday on 1340AM in Grand Rapids and 1490AM in Muskegon.

“Sports Marketing in America has always been a top priority ‘buy’ for America's most popular advertisers,” Cumulus Radio Grand Rapids Vice-President/General Manager Bruce Law said. “Sports Fans pay close attention to what’s being presented on sports talk radio. We are excited to add a new morning show with Michigan centric content hosted by Matt Shepard; ‘Shep, Shower ‘N’ Shave’ in mornings and continue the popular H*** Show from 3 p.m to 6 p.m, plus offer two most popular national shows, Dan Patrick and Jim Rome.”

Marty Booher of the Michigan Media Network said when things are finalized in the coming days sports talk radio content will be enhanced and improved in Grand Rapids and Muskegon.

“The H*** Show and Matt Shepard’s Shep, Shower ‘N’ Shave, two popular shows with the best of Michigan sports content, will be heard on four Cumulus stations in Grand Rapids and Muskegon on AM and FM, as well as the current stations where those shows are part of the format,” he said.

Booher, who has worked in Michigan radio and built networks for several years, was originally involved in building the network of stations for the H*** Show.

“It’s great to get a chance to work with Bill again,” he said. “Plus, the West Michigan markets now get Shep in the morning, and they are going to love him. The opportunity for West Michigan Sports fans to actually listen and engage in Sports in the mornings again will be well received in West Michigan.”

Shepard, whose show is also presented via the Michigan Media Network to a statewide Comcast audience of 1.1 million households via CN900, is a two-time Emmy winner and two-time MSBA Michigan Sportscaster of the Year. He re-launched his unique 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. radio show last November on WDFN (1130 AM) in Detroit and expanded in the Michigan Media Network.

It can be heard live or on tape delay in more than a dozen markets across the state including Detroit, Kalamazoo, Midland, Saginaw, Bay City, Grayling, Gaylord, Traverse City, Ludington, Manistee, Cadillac and Mt. Pleasant. Flint and Ann Arbor markets are anticipated to come on board soon.

The award-winning H*** Show is also state-wide with stations in Alma/Mt. Pleasant, Ann Arbor, Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, Cadillac, Flint, Holland, Houghton/Hancock, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Midland and Petoskey.

Shepard, or simply Shep as he is known to his audience, broadcasts his show from inside the OnStar Studios in the Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. It is a state-of-the-art digital audio recording and editing facility and the perfect location for coach and athlete access – just a few long Matt Stafford bombs or Miggy homers away from where Michigan’s pros play.

Shep enjoys being the busiest voice in Michigan and having his hand on the pulse of the action. He has worked in the state for 24 years, including being the play-by-play voice of University of Michigan basketball for 16 years and Eastern Michigan University football for 19 seasons.

Fox Sports Detroit has called on him in coverage of the Tigers, Pistons, Red Wings, CCHA hockey and the Michigan High School Athletic Association’s state football championships. FOX has featured him on NFL Europe and Arena Football. The Big Ten Network has included him for college hockey, football and baseball, and his resume includes extensive reporter work on features and game-day coverage for FSD’s Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings programming.

“I’ve built my career on relationships with the sports fans as well as the coaches, players, writers, broadcasters, personalities and people who make Michigan sports what it is,” Shep said. “Join us each morning on the radio or on CN900. Let’s talk sports.”

(name removed by request), or H***, is a West Michigan native who worked in markets across the country, including Chicago, before coming back to his home state to build a popular show that features Michigan content, commentary and interviews with the top sports figures in the state.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Well that's kind of too bad. They must have an idea although I heard it won't be announce for some weeks.

WheresTheRemote

Post by WheresTheRemote » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:56 pm

Thank God most sports don't need commentary. I'll mute the sound and press play on a podcast

Currently has 52 OTA channels

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:30 pm

I don't necessarily dislike Shep in general, but I don't think he's great for live play-by-play. Something about his style makes it seem like he's narrating the game rather than calling it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic