Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit needs another option for vintage Rock music

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Tman

Re: Detroit needs another option for vintage Rock music

Post by Tman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:50 am

Often obvious thought doesn't compute to those in charge . They are like turkeys looking up at the rain unaware they are drowning . Stupid with no idea .

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 am

WCSX is just terrible but isn't it the program director and on-air staff that make that way?

I heard Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" on the drive home this week, it was playing both on WOMC and WCSX at the same time... Who would play this awful crap and why? Who would play over and over?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:27 am

WOMC plugs some of the absolutely worst live concerts.

Seriously, if you're a washed-up band that hasn't been relevant for 30 years, even if you only ever had one or two hit songs, chances are pretty good that WOMC will do a promotional tie-in with your crappy concert.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:37 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:27 am
WOMC plugs some of the absolutely worst live concerts.

Seriously, if you're a washed-up band that hasn't been relevant for 30 years, even if you only ever had one or two hit songs, chances are pretty good that WOMC will do a promotional tie-in with your crappy concert.
Psh. Mitch Ryder could play the opening of a Dairy Queen and WCSX would promote it and broadcast live.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:09 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 am
WCSX is just terrible but isn't it the program director and on-air staff that make that way?

I heard Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" on the drive home this week, it was playing both on WOMC and WCSX at the same time... Who would play this awful crap and why? Who would play over and over?
I don't even consider that song "classic rock"!
I can see WOMC playing it, but not CSX.

That's a pop / soft rock tune. I would expect The Breeze to play that!

Music is my life.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:01 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:09 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 am

I don't even consider that song "classic rock"!
I can see WOMC playing it, but not CSX.

That's a pop / soft rock tune. I would expect The Breeze to play that!
They always played it. Im surprised they still do. I listened faithfully in the early 90s and that song was a regular. Same with" You Wear It Well". It just doesnt fit their 80s obsession that has ruined the station.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 am

I brought this up way back in the day about WCSX, playing garbage like that and Huey lewis :x. . Maggie may, F that song with no Vaseline.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:32 am

Was in the car with my dad last week and "Don't You (Forget About Me)" came on, and I just started making weird faces and thinking REALLY ???

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:11 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:32 am
Was in the car with my dad last week and "Don't You (Forget About Me)" came on, and I just started making weird faces and thinking REALLY ???
That would be a tad bit outside the box... I think everything is kind of blending together and the lines are blurring in these formats...

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:37 am

Psh. Mitch Ryder could play the opening of a Dairy Queen and WCSX would promote it and broadcast live.
Except that would probably kick ass... I'm picturing him over-filling soft serve cones to effect while belting out "Rock N Roll."

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 am

FET-500 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:49 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:37 am

Except that would probably kick ass... I'm picturing him over-filling soft serve cones to effect while belting out "Rock N Roll."
:lol

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic