Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:33 am

You claim no ill intent but you just had to include that nasty remark in your last sentence....? It doesn't work that way.

Now obviously they aren't going to make decisions based off my posts. Be smart please.
I made a thread for other people to also express their opinions too. I could have just made a post in an existing thread If I "thought they care about my individual opinion".

Please use some common sense before running your mouth?

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:51 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:33 am
You claim no ill intent but you just had to include that nasty remark in your last sentence....? It doesn't work that way.

Now obviously they aren't going to make decisions based off my posts. Be smart please.
I made a thread for other people to also express their opinions too. I could have just made a post in an existing thread If I "thought they care about my individual opinion".

Please use some common sense before running your mouth?
If that’s a nasty comment then you have a fairly low bar set... especially around here...

So all the “look they did what I said they must really care” was for show? You’ve been posting as though they are reading your posts intently looking for direction for some time now...

Fun fact: we have 12 threads on the Breeze... which means that there is a new breeze thread once every 4 days on average... a tad excessive I must say...

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:53 am

Lets all stop the silliness on this 98.7 nonsense, we have over 10 threads on this subject, it’s a little
ridiculous don’t you think, it’s time to move on to another topic.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:38 am

There did seem to be more of a rhythm lean yesterday. My guess is a couple new music categories were loaded into the computer and the rotations were not set properly.

In general, the station seems to be playing a broader mix of music than prior to Christmas.

I liked the rhythm lean I heard yesterday and wish that was the full-time sound. But I'm also happy that station is playing an overall broader mix of music than before.

Late in the day yesterday, the last Nielsen ratings survey was recalled due to potential data inaccuracies. I cannot help but wonder if this triggered the reversal of yesterday's rhythm-heavy playlist? (This, of course, would presume the playlist changes were ratings driven in the first place.)

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:07 am

I made a post about them adding the dot in the logo like 2 weeks ago, lol. It's been there for a bit.
Bingo! :)

You and Pixelplay are correct.

Yesterday was the first time I noticed the decimal point on the big billboard at M-10 & 8 Mile Rd. (I was on vacation the prior week, so it was my first time driving thru that intersection in quite a while.)

tigersroar

Post by tigersroar » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:41 am

I was looking forward to soft AC, hope it stays. I only listen to Christmas in Nov and Dec so didnt get to check it out.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:44 am

I always thought that these large radio companies performed most of their research/testing before even going on the air with a new launch, as opposed to making changes after 6 weeks. If 98.7 starts to sound more like WOMC, will Entercom continue to move WOMC more towards classic rock, to compete with CSX?

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:53 am

They already sound like a Classic Rock station, Now I don’t have time to count how many songs they play in an hour, but if I was to ball park how many Classic Rock tunes they play I would say 3 out of 4 songs definitely Classic Rock, they are always chasing after CSX, and to be honest CSX has zero personality, so OMC could be on Top in future ratings.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:39 am

This subject has probably broken all Buzzboard records for most threads.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:39 am
This subject has probably broken all Buzzboard records for most threads.
You've been here for awhile, too...I'm sure you remember the almost daily Valenti and/or 3G threads. And some of those could go 12 pages!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:24 pm

So first they pull the Manilow/Christopher Cross music and add R&B AC, and looks like now a lot of that has been pulled for mind-numbing overplayed tunes (Every Breath You Take, Time After Time, Don’t Stop Believing)...ugh...

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Maybe who ever is running this station, is not sure what to do until a real station manager is named after New Years, and it’s possible the correct decision will be made on how the music is supposed to be, instead of this half assed music we’re hearing now, just my opinion. I mean for two or three hours I hear 70’s and 80’s in the mix, than the next two or three hours I hear 90’s and 2K R&B in the mix it’s sort of unbalanced, so what the hell is the deal.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Exactly Kev.
It sounds like someone is just playing on the computer.

Maybe after an actual PD is hired we can get a decent and steady sound.
Not back and forth with formats and 3 hour song rotations

Music is my life.

Steve79

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new playlist

Post by Steve79 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:09 pm

It's way better now. I'm hearing much more variety and the return of some of the softer titles which were taken out. I hope they make a go of this station and put effort and time into it. Now we need some on-air personalities and an awesome jingle package.

stopnswop2

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:11 am

Steve79 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:09 pm
It's way better now. I'm hearing much more variety and the return of some of the softer titles which were taken out. I hope they make a go of this station and put effort and time into it. Now we need some on-air personalities and an awesome jingle package.
I listened today for a little bit and listening now, yes they did!
"Get Closer" by Seals and Crofts is finally playing right now for the first time in days!

They got rid of King Harvest, Harry Chapin, Neil Diamond, Air Supply, Bread, Abba, England Dan & John Ford Coley, Amy Grant, Bill Withers, Linda Ronstadt, Howard Jones, Gordon Lightfoot, Eagles, Jackson Browne, Mike + The Mechanics, and stuff though 😕

If the ratings werent what they expected, how exactly do they know it was these artists causing it?
PPM data for individual songs is not reliable.
Adding upbeat RnB in place of those artists does not make any sense, because they were already playing quite a bit of that stuff before. How do they know it wasn't that causing the issue?

EDIT:
Sweet Caroline just came on. 🙂

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic