Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alternative Rock replaces Progressive Talk in Ashville NC

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
80sTalkRadioFan

Alternative Rock replaces Progressive Talk in Ashville NC

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:58 am

I clicked on 1011 The Revolution's website which had progressive talk in Ashville North Carolina and was redirected to altavl.iheart.com, an alternative rock station, sounding just like Detroit's alt 106.7. You may remember progressive talk was moved to an fm translator station when ESPN Radio began on AM 880 in Ashville last June. Guess now that the mid-term elections are over, not as much interest in political talk, at least on the progressive/liberal side.

Deleted User 10525

Re: Alternative Rock replaces Progressive Talk in Ashville NC

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Hey welcome back! Yeah, prog talk is a hard niche to fill. Sort of a needle in a haystack on over the air radio, Ashville is a spec of blue in otherwise a fairly red area, been there many times, Awesome town. These days I am probably more semi centerest, I do enjoy Thom Hartmann.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:31 pm

That's true. When prog. talk was on the fm translator in Ashville, most of their breaks were filled with psas from the network. Not many nationally syndicated hosts for this format anymore, either. Namely, Stephanie Miller, Thom Hartmann and Norman Goldman. I will give Fox News Radio some credit, as they replaced the late Alan Colmes with a conservative/liberal debate show, "Bensen and Harf." Not a great show, but it fills the void.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Most have gone online or to XM radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic