Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

99.5 gets a new midday jock; 105.1 axes the Big Boy & Shae Shae morning show

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

99.5 gets a new midday jock; 105.1 axes the Big Boy & Shae Shae morning show

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Announced today:
-99.5 WYCD announces "Cadillac Jack," inbound from WQYK Tampa, as its new APD and Midday personality. He previously spent some time at the original W4 in the late 90's. Cadillac Jack fills the shift once occupied by Roxanne, who was fired earlier this year.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1719 ... d-detroit/

-MAJOR changes at 105.1 The Bounce. Apparent budget cuts. Big Boy has been cut loose, and it looks like the very talented Suga Rae (midday host) has been cut loose as well (I hope I'm wrong about that). Shae Shae takes over Suga Rae's former shift. The Gello Show moves from PM drive to mornings. No word as to the station's new afternoon show. Would not surprise me if we're "treated" (sarcasm) to voicetracking from out of market. This is extremely disappointing news, as 105.1 has been one of the most resilient throwback hip-hop stations in the country from a ratings standpoint.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1719 ... -airstaff/

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

BKRPDM

Re: 99.5 gets a new midday jock; 105.1 axes the Big Boy & Shae Shae morning show

Post by BKRPDM » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm

What the hell is wrong with Beasley? Bigg and Shae Shae were sounding really good most recently. These companies always have to f*ck with something. With their other property (CSX), it’s amazing that they have maintained #1, with star talents like Dahmer....ugh.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: 99.5 gets a new midday jock; 105.1 axes the Big Boy & Shae Shae morning show

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Yeah, no kidding.

I don't know what the f*ck they are thinking.

Will be interesting to see if Joanne actually contributes anything of value in mornings. She sucks in afternoons. Gello - who is a great air talent - carried that daypart 100%.

Hard to say if this move is a reaction to 98.7's changes or not.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Beasley is reacting to Amp out of the picture The Bounce could change the music a bit with adding some current songs and still play throwbacks and try to get lost Amp listeners and get slightly higher numbers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic