Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pictures

Are you a broadcaster, print media or electronic media company looking to hire? Do you have production or creative services to offer? Are you an engineer or techie looking to buy or sell equipment? If the answer to any of the questions is "Yes," let the Buzzboard audience know about it here!
craig11152

Pictures

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:56 am

If one wanted to post items for sale is there a way to post pictures straight from my computer or phone?
Or do those pictures have to be a link to a website?

I have a couple floor model Vandersteen speakers I wouldn't mind selling. They are old in age but got very little use over the years. My ex wife was the musical one and she left a year after we bought them. So every few years they played some christmas tunes while setting up the tree. They are 20 years old but I doubt they have 20 hours of use.

I no longer directly engage trolls

moldyoldie

Re: Pictures

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:14 pm

What model are they?

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:28 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:17 am

Sorry for the slow response. I was trying to dig up all the paperwork.
They are Model 1B bought at Overture Audio in Ann Arbor. They were delivered and installed at my house on January 17, 1996.
My vague memory says they were about $900-$1000 for the pair but I have the original invoice and it does not break down the prices. My total cost was $2275 before taxes that included...
Vandersteen 1B speakers
NAD 705 Receiver
NAD 513 CD player
NAD 614 Cassette player
and assorted accessories like speaker cables etc.

In this link below I think the Model 1ci at the bottom is maybe the closest thing they make today.
https://www.vandersteen.com/categories/ ... udspeakers

I can toss in the NAD 705 receiver. It still works fine except the dashboard light is burned out. It burns out regularly. Evidently it was a chronic issue. I had it fixed 3 times and the 3rd time they said there was an NAD manufacturer recommended adjustment to fix the problem. I paid extra for that and it still burned out. With a flashlight you can see what is going on with settings.
I might be able to throw in the NAD 614 cassette player. A few years ago I gave it to the worship director at the church after asking him if he could make use of it. Its been sitting on a shelf in a storage room ever since. He never used it and doesn't even know its there anymore. If you are remotely interested I will be happy to "un-give" it and take it back. But I honestly haven't paid attention to whether its still there.
I am thinking $100 for the speakers (and expensive cables) the receiver with the burned out dashboard light, and the cassette player if its still sitting where I last saw it.
I am perhaps willing to let you take it all home, test it out and pay me if your happy.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm

Yes, image files can be inserted into posts. Make sure you are using full editor mode, not Quick Reply mode.

Click the Insert Image button, and then type in the URL of the image you wish to insert.

I do not allow direct uploading & storage of image files, other than profile avatars, in order to reduce malware/trojan horse risk.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
I do not allow direct uploading & storage of image files, other than profile avatars, in order to reduce malware/trojan horse risk.
I used Photobucket until all the crap happened and all were lost. Can you recommend free hosting sites that can be used for all kinds of files?

EDIT: To answer my own question, this was a good starting point... https://otechworld.com/best-free-file-h ... es-online/
I am going to try zippyshare.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:47 am

Ed Joseph wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:18 pm

I used Photobucket until all the crap happened and all were lost. Can you recommend free hosting sites that can be used for all kinds of files?
I really like Flickr FWIW.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:14 am

Shipping is a deal killer. Many classic speakers are parted out because of shipping. The cables and other gear that is easy to ship, should go on ebay, Audiogon or Reverb.
Vintage speakers rule... I think your surrounds are butyl and should be in good shape. Good luck with the sale

G G

Post by G G » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:49 am

imgur works well and you can remove files.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic