Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Leftists Burn Berkeley To Protest Conservative LGBTQ Speaker

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Leftists Burn Berkeley To Protest Conservative LGBTQ Speaker

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:58 am

Look how reasonable Milo is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-sX5JLwidE

Look how unreasonable the "student" protesters are.

https://news.grabien.com/story-masked-p ... -outside-1

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Re: Leftists Burn Berkeley To Protest Conservative LGBTQ Spe

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:48 am

After a female Trump supporter concludes an interview with a local reporter, anti-Milo protesters pepper spray her.
Protesters chase down Milo supporters, beating them unconscious with metal pipes.
Have either of these claims been independently verified? Because if true, that's pretty f---ed up.

I can only imagine what degree of hell would break loose if Trump supporters did that to anybody.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:24 am

The video looks pretty evident. Can't tell for sure if it was pepper-spray, but it probably wasn't Glade or VO5. Anyone who does that to anyone else without cause for self-defense should be penalized.

That being said (and I say that a lot), I've never heard of this Grabien website before, so I don't know if I'm getting the full story, or even a complete account of exactly what occurred. Popular a practice as it seems these days, I can't draw a full conclusion of the whole thing based on two minutes of cell-phone video. There may have been many folks at the protest who had no intention of causing trouble and who aired their grievances peacefully (then again, that doesn't generate website hits).

Can we just agree that tensions are high on both sides right now? Can we also agree that there is no shortage of media sites that capitalize on anything and everything for their own agendas (and by capitalize, I don't necessarily mean in strict ideological terms, but also in pursuit of the almighty $$$$). Perhaps the bigger question is, did I just click on a monetized website? Ya know, they have those on both left and right.

Welcome to the digital age....please pay your cover charge at the door.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:35 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:Look how reasonable Milo is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-sX5JLwidE

Look how unreasonable the "student" protesters are.

https://news.grabien.com/story-masked-p ... -outside-1
Milo Yiannapolus? :lol:

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:01 am

A single fire set is really burning down Berkeley isn't it? So much worse than the leftist protester that got shot outside the Milo event in Seattle...

The only regret I have about this is that Steve Bannon himself never got this kind of reaction. Also that it's the followers rather than the leaders on the receiving end of the violence. James O'Queef was on Twitter whining about how sad it was and how the students fronted so much money for security, but knowing his history I'm inclined to think this is exactly what he wanted. I'm sure there were plenty of perfectly good hotel conference rooms in the area available to host this vile person. They wanted a riot though.

In closing I leave you with the proper reaction to encountering any of these scumbags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rh1dhur4aI

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:17 am

SaveFerris wrote:A single fire set is really burning down Berkeley isn't it? So much worse than the leftist protester that got shot outside the Milo event in Seattle...

The only regret I have about this is that Steve Bannon himself never got this kind of reaction. Also that it's the followers rather than the leaders on the receiving end of the violence. James O'Queef was on Twitter whining about how sad it was and how the students fronted so much money for security, but knowing his history I'm inclined to think this is exactly what he wanted. I'm sure there were plenty of perfectly good hotel conference rooms in the area available to host this vile person. They wanted a riot though.

In closing I leave you with the proper reaction to encountering any of these scumbags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rh1dhur4aI
Clearly you are not a fan of the 1st Amendment. Or perhaps a selective fan is more accurate. If its a cause you embrace the 1st Amendement is just fine. If its a cause you despise its a whole different story.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 am

A certain news outlet launched with the moniker Fair and Balanced. Another adopted the slogan Lean Forward. I'm still trying to figure out what either of those mean, besides being catchy phrases designed to attract a targeted demographic.

There is no fair and balanced. Human beings are not objective by nature. We all see the world differently.

Likewise, the word forward means different things to different people. What one person defines as leaning forward, another may see as stepping backward. Depends on who you talk to.

The internet and social media have sparked an explosion of variety when it comes to where we get our information and opinion. No longer are we tied to whichever cable news channel speaks closest to what we believe. Thanks to bloggers and endless websites, we can choose from thousands of options to find just the right entree for our tastes. It's an endless buffet that translates into pure profit for those who know what we want to eat and how to serve it to us. And we have no loss of appetite for it!

Not saying it's necessarily good or bad, but it is what it is, and it's here to stay. What's your pleasure? Chicken or meatloaf? If neither suits your taste, no worry....we have a thousand other choices. :smokin
Last edited by Calvert DeForest on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 am

craig11152 wrote: Clearly you are not a fan of the 1st Amendment. Or perhaps a selective fan is more accurate. If its a cause you embrace the 1st Amendement is just fine. If its a cause you despise its a whole different story.
I do believe in the first amendment. I also believe that speech has consequences. If I make inflammatory statements I could instigate a fight. These people's inflammatory statements are given a H*** platform, and the man who cultivated it is now in the White House. This means their inflammatory statements incite riots.

On Twitter the other day someone stated that the Greatest Generation was called that because they shot Nazis. I think that's a perfectly agreeable statement. Nazis have first amendment rights, sure. I won't argue against that. I won't argue against taking them down in the streets and kicking the shit out of them either. If you go to jail for it you're taking one for the team. If I ever go to jail for that I will feel the deepest sense of pride I've ever felt in my life.

I would never beat up random Trump supporters though. I don't believe that wearing a red baseball cap automatically makes you a racist piece of garbage. I think people go through phases. If you're verified to have legit fascist/racist views through your social media posting or what comes out of your own mouth it's open season on you though. These days Nazis have dropped the salutes, elaborate costumes, and marches in favor of "Alt-Right", where they say all the right things yet dress sharp to evade detection. No qualms against violently attacking those people. No sympathy for any Trump supporters that get attacked either. He encouraged violence against protestors at his rallies. You live by his words you die by his words.

In closing, good night alt right.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 am

The so called "mainstream" media refuse to report or downplay these incidents when it is embarrassing to the Left. That's why it's obscure sites that have more complete news. Apparently, a two minute phone video is only evidence when it supports a cause the Left agrees with. Of course, there's a Leftist public defender willing to defend and say a phone video exaggerates when its four Leftist tools beating up someone who allegedly was a Trump supporter. They even debated whether it was a so called "hate crime" because of the race of the victim.

How can you defend setting things on fire and beating people up under any circumstances? That's not "peaceful protest" protected by the First Amendment.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:54 am

It's just the right wing's typical strategy. Make inflammatory and provocative statements then feign shock and outrage when people get inflamed and provoked. I see right through you TC Shuts Up. You'll be right back here spouting that same garbage once the next hornets nest gets kicked. It never ends.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:12 pm

SaveFerris has some extreme views, and is not opposed to violence.

The problem with that line of thinking is once you go down that road it never ends, and the violence continues.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm

SaveFerris wrote:I do believe in the first amendment. I also believe that speech has consequences. If I make inflammatory statements I could instigate a fight. These people's inflammatory statements are given a H*** platform, and the man who cultivated it is now in the White House. This means their inflammatory statements incite riots.

On Twitter the other day someone stated that the Greatest Generation was called that because they shot Nazis. I think that's a perfectly agreeable statement. Nazis have first amendment rights, sure. I won't argue against that. I won't argue against taking them down in the streets and kicking the shit out of them either. If you go to jail for it you're taking one for the team. If I ever go to jail for that I will feel the deepest sense of pride I've ever felt in my life.

I would never beat up random Trump supporters though. I don't believe that wearing a red baseball cap automatically makes you a racist piece of garbage. I think people go through phases. If you're verified to have legit fascist/racist views through your social media posting or what comes out of your own mouth it's open season on you though. These days Nazis have dropped the salutes, elaborate costumes, and marches in favor of "Alt-Right", where they say all the right things yet dress sharp to evade detection. No qualms against violently attacking those people. No sympathy for any Trump supporters that get attacked either. He encouraged violence against protestors at his rallies. You live by his words you die by his words.

In closing, good night alt right.
Although I agree wholeheartedly that Mr. Trump has made inflammatory statements unbecoming of the high office he now holds, I take issue with your assertion that someone who vocally supports him deserves to be attacked, any more than someone who vocally opposes him deserves the same. People supported Trump for a number of different reasons, some of which may have had nothing to do with the rhetoric that came out of his mouth on the campaign trail. We certainly need to have an ongoing dialogue about his policies, agree or disagree, but when the opposition resorts to acts of violence, it makes them no better than what they are speaking out against. The civil rights movement of the 1960's, probably the most important in our history, was fueled by Dr. Martin Luther King's policy of non-violent protest. When the population at-large saw non-violent American citizens targeted by fire hoses and police dogs for exercising their Constitutional rights to eat wherever they chose and drink from the same water fountains as everyone else, the tide turned. Even Malcom X, after his pilgrimage to Mecca, came to the realization that violence just begets more violence and doesn't solve anything.

I'm sure we're in for a long stretch of "look who's more violent than who". That kind of rhetoric just perpetuates the cycle. Anyone who resorts to violence should pay the penalty, but as I see it, the problem isn't about who is violent as much as it is about addressing the idea of violence itself. It's only when we wake up to the realization that people on both sides are being pitted against each other for profit that we can step back, take a deep breath and address the real issues.

One distinct advantage we have over Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Iron Curtain is the power of the internet. We can communicate in ways today that would make such regimes nearly impossible to take hold on such a grand scale (even China can't keep up with the deep web). The net gives us an awesome power of freedom, but with great power comes great responsibility. We can use this tool to initiate substantive and productive discussion, or we can use it to incite division and hatred between those with differing points of view. We've seen how that goes, and we've seen how others can profit from its glorification. Personally, I refuse to be a pawn in their game.

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 pm

I didn't necessarily mean to imply that I agree with attacking any person who supports Trump. Just actual legit racists and their ilk. You can count me as an antifa sympathizer. At the same time it's really hard to feel sympathy for someone who claps and cheers when they see violence at a Trump rally finding themselves in the position of getting their ass beat by college kids.

jry

Post by jry » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Crazy, huh. He must not REALLY be gay because there's a "R" after his name....

Rabid haters.

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:21 pm

I don't think anybody is disputing his sexuality. He does seem to greatly exaggerate it though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Yian ... troversies

He is to gays as Michelle "In Defense of Internment" Malkin is to Asians.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic