Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jennifer Granholm

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
audiophile

Re: Jennifer Granholm

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:26 pm

CNN moderated about a year ago, but they have went left again.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

mtdman

Post by mtdman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Granholm was the worst Governor of Michigan in my lifetime. And I lived through James Blanchard. I thought no one could beat him. Holey Moley!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:05 pm

mtdman wrote:Holey Moley!
I caught that. Cute! :blink

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:The fact that such a hyperpartisan hack got hired by them shows just how slanted to the left CNN is. I'm not sure she completely cares that Michigan struggled under her watch as long as she could successfully pin all the blame on Republicans. Her party and agenda are all she cared about. Actually, thats true with MOST politicians.But she was more overt and obvious about it than most.
And now, with this hiring, CNN essentially admits they are a Democratic Party puppet.
So hiring a Democrat automatically makes you a puppet... that Makes FOX a puppet too...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:49 pm

If you look up "empty suit" in the dictionary - a picture of Jennifer Granholm will appear.

Remember her DNC convention speech back in 2008? What a disaster. Even members of her own party were embarrassed for her.

Good journalism has vanished from CNN.

Their web site is nothing but one gigantic tabloid these days. It's filled to the brim with hype, hysteria and sensationalism. It's very TMZ-ish.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Y M Ionhere wrote:The fact that such a hyperpartisan hack got hired by them shows just how slanted to the left CNN is. I'm not sure she completely cares that Michigan struggled under her watch as long as she could successfully pin all the blame on Republicans. Her party and agenda are all she cared about. Actually, thats true with MOST politicians.But she was more overt and obvious about it than most.
And now, with this hiring, CNN essentially admits they are a Democratic Party puppet.
So hiring a Democrat automatically makes you a puppet... that Makes FOX a puppet too...

Seriously, do work for the party, or just a candidate. When have not defended every thing every Democrat has done?

Granholm has done nothing except endorse candidates and the party platform. She used her role as Governor to experiment with different Democratic Party concepts and blame republicans for all her failures. She is incapable of being objective and basically used her job to jumpstart a career as a left-wing version of Ann Coulter.

Chuck Todd is a Democrat but he can be objective.Tim Russert was as well. Granholm, on the hand, doesnt even care about that and sold her soul to party devotion years ago. And thats the difference. Her only intention is pushing the party line and spinning everything to help the party and hurt the other side. CNN is clearly looking for one-sided propaganda pushers if they hire her.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:29 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

Seriously, do work for the party, or just a candidate. When have not defended every thing every Democrat has done?

Granholm has done nothing except endorse candidates and the party platform. She used her role as Governor to experiment with different Democratic Party concepts and blame republicans for all her failures. She is incapable of being objective and basically used her job to jumpstart a career as a left-wing version of Ann Coulter.

Chuck Todd is a Democrat but he can be objective.Tim Russert was as well. Granholm, on the hand, doesnt even care about that and sold her soul to party devotion years ago. And thats the difference. Her only intention is pushing the party line and spinning everything to help the party and hurt the other side. CNN is clearly looking for one-sided propaganda pushers if they hire her.
You are describing every "analyst" with an admitted affiliation... pundits are not objective nor are they supposed to be. Russert and Todd are newsmen... Granholm is doing none of that. She's just an airtime filling interview prop. How you equate her with those two is beyond me...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 am

Too bad she didn't become governor of Arizona...she would be Governor of the Gran' Hole...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 am

So you felt the same way when Fox News hired Nigel Farage?

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:41 am

sirrealone wrote:
SolidGoldDancers wrote: How does that song go, trying to catch a deluge in a paper cup? I'm curious what you think she should have or could have done. Those jobs were going to the south, to Mexico, to China or just automated.
It's a good question, and do I have an authoritative answer on what, if anything, would have prevented some of these jobs from leaving? No, I don't. But I wasn't governor for eight years. She was. It was her job to fight for the state and fight for every job that left. It was her job to come up with solutions but instead she came across as basically saying "Oh, well, what can you do?".

I'm not naive enough to think she had the power or influence to change things on her own, but leadership in tough times is bringing together the people that can to do the things that others say can't be done.

Yes, she presided over a very tough time for our state, but she didn't stand out in any way that deserves to be commended. What she did, anybody could have done. She didn't demonstrate leadership.

That is a fair assessment. I think my problem with her tenure during that time was that she did not emphatically tell these workers the reality about their jobs and encourage them to take the retraining and assistance provided. I think that underscores your point that there was a lack of leadership. For a lot of people, especially the ones that wanted to stay and worked for larger companies, there were options.

As someone else pointed out, even Blanchard was better. Blanchard realized that Michigan's job market for youth was abysmal and created the Youth Corp to get newly graduated high school graduates and college students summer work other than fast food. He took criticism for training workers for other states, but at least that was something better than the 15% youth unemployment.

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Except they hired also Rick Santorum, who is right of Jim Bakker. But go ahead with your librul media thing.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 pm

D.j.m. wrote:
Except they hired also Rick Santorum, who is right of Jim Bakker. But go ahead with your librul media thing.
I saw him on there a few days ago. He is as far right as she is left. And he is just as big a hack. Watching him try to defend Trump was embarrassing. He's getting desperate.

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:47 pm

I know it’s hard for us to separate her performance as governor but her resume fits well with a TV as a senior political commentator. Attractive, articulate, experienced in politics. CNN’s political team is humongous. I don’t know is right or who is left or who’s in the middle.

For me the best team of reporters for NBC and MSNBC is Katy Tur who is regularly beaten-up by Pres. Trump. Kasie Hunt, and Hallie Jackson. Stephanie Ruhle anchors an hour on MSNBC and is fantastic. She kicks ass. MSNBC is no longer the left news station.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 pm

I voted for Jennifer Granholm one time in 2002 big mistake she did nothing for Michigan other than kick the can and blame everyone but herself.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:57 pm

The economic forces at work in that decade of recession we had are much bigger than her... but who cares about details?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic