Apologies for the temporary site outage from approximately 1PM ET on Monday, December 11 through the pre-dawn hours of Tuesday. The Buzzboard was targeted (yet again) by a hacker, this time from the Middle East. The site was able to be restored using a backup file from early Sunday morning.

More info on the attack can be found here:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=45907

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace.
Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Sad Charity Pitches

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
SolarMax

Sad Charity Pitches

Post by SolarMax » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:06 pm

Now, mind you, I am truly all in favor of helping out sick kids and rescuing abandoned animals.
But, I am truly hopeful that the Christmas-themed appeals for ASPCA and St. Jude will soon throttle back.
The spots running for each feature the same melancholy, monotone voicing, and what could be almost the same copy themes. Substitute "children" for "pets," wrap with "Please give Today!!"
Rather than inspiring me to give them my precious credit card data, these kinds of boring, repetitive spots only motivate me to mute the sound or change the channel.
#bah-humbug

SoupySez

Re: Sad Charity Pitches

Post by SoupySez » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:39 pm

SolarMax wrote:Now, mind you, I am truly all in favor of helping out sick kids and rescuing abandoned animals.
But, I am truly hopeful that the Christmas-themed appeals for ASPCA and St. Jude will soon throttle back.
The spots running for each feature the same melancholy, monotone voicing, and what could be almost the same copy themes. Substitute "children" for "pets," wrap with "Please give Today!!"
Rather than inspiring me to give them my precious credit card data, these kinds of boring, repetitive spots only motivate me to mute the sound or change the channel.
#bah-humbug
And how is it that they all come up with the donation to their cause being either $18 or $19 a month. I guess they figure asking for $20 a month is asking too much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic