Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mike Valenti, Such A Tool

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
rizzman87

Re: Mike Valenti, Such A Tool

Post by rizzman87 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:00 pm

craig11152 wrote:
radiodoc wrote: It's their job to piss you off.
Perhaps your right and it certainly appears to work. But radio isn't always about pissing people off and for me its kind of sad.
You guys probably know more then me about ratings but how did WDFN do in their prime. To me that was a perfect sports station. 95% sports 5% misc. As I said in another post I believe this city is big enough for 2 FM sports stations.

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:58 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:
He ain't going anywhere unfortunately. Just signed a lengthy contract extension, which means Sirius will be getting my business for several more years.
That doesn't mean much.
A lot of talent contracts have out clauses for the top markets. And if his contract is with CBS its not unusual for talent to move around the company.
Who else is going to bring this tool in for the kind of money he's stealing at 97.1? By all accounts, he bombed during his tryout in NYC this year.

radiofan

Post by radiofan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 pm

I'm with you, Andy. I was hoping Mr. Nasty would get picked up in New York, but I didn't really think it would happen. It seems like he's gotten twice as obnoxious since he got his new contract.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 pm

Andy Sipowicz wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:
He ain't going anywhere unfortunately. Just signed a lengthy contract extension, which means Sirius will be getting my business for several more years.
That doesn't mean much.
A lot of talent contracts have out clauses for the top markets. And if his contract is with CBS its not unusual for talent to move around the company.
Who else is going to bring this tool in for the kind of money he's stealing at 97.1? By all accounts, he bombed during his tryout in NYC this year.
Its the broadcast industry not mensa.
For every single logical and intelligent decision there are 10 others that give a new definition to the word stupid.

joe60

Post by joe60 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:45 pm

Is it just me or is Valenti's go to comment "I'm not mad at you" incredibly condescending? He says it multiple times a day when a caller or the other host says something that he doesnt agree with. It basically means your an idiot and I am much smarter than you but I wont make fun of you.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:08 pm

It's just you.

radiofan

Post by radiofan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:20 pm

joe60 wrote:Is it just me or is Valenti's go to comment "I'm not mad at you" incredibly condescending? He says it multiple times a day when a caller or the other host says something that he doesnt agree with. It basically means your an idiot and I am much smarter than you but I wont make fun of you.
It's not just you. He hands down his nuggets of sports wisdom from above. If you don't agree with him, you are incredibly stupid(to him, anyway). I try to listen sometimes, being a sports radio junkie, but he usually makes me change the station rather quickly. He is the quintessential arrogant ass.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:35 am

^+1

I no longer directly engage trolls

Herm

Post by Herm » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:21 am

I find that the vast majority of sports radio personalities who are not former pro athletes are ridiculous. Sports and politics, two subjects where the listening public trusts the opinions of people who have no experience with the subject matter they are discussing.

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:37 pm

joe60 wrote:Is it just me or is Valenti's go to comment "I'm not mad at you" incredibly condescending? He says it multiple times a day when a caller or the other host says something that he doesnt agree with. It basically means your an idiot and I am much smarter than you but I wont make fun of you.
It's not just you. He's an idiot. It's as if people give a shit what he thinks about them. If he's so smart, maybe he could learn to pronounce words like documentary and complimentary correctly because, well you know, he does making a living by speaking.

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:39 pm

radiofan wrote:
It's not just you. He hands down his nuggets of sports wisdom from above. If you don't agree with him, you are incredibly stupid(to him, anyway). I try to listen sometimes, being a sports radio junkie, but he usually makes me change the station rather quickly. He is the quintessential arrogant ass.
He also routinely calls fans things such as stupid or idiots, which means he's insulting the people who listen to his show. Are they stupid or idiots? Perhaps, especially the ones who listen to him for more than five minutes. That's about as long as I last before he makes me switch the channel. That station has a lot of bad hosts but at least they're not angry egomaniacs like Motor Mouth.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 pm

The show was way more listenable with Terry Foster. He made some funny comments and it would lighten up the show. Now with Reiger there, the show is unlistenable. How many times do we have to hear about Riegers baby or his wife. Its always my wife this, my baby this blah blah blah. The show is totally unlistenable. They should put Leach in there for the time being because he would provide some comedy. Terry needs to get well and come back soon.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:07 am

sometimes I feel like Reiger is trying to be a Mini-Mike.
If my concern comes true that Terry never recovers to a "work ready" point for that job description I wonder if this becomes the permanent afternoon show?

I no longer directly engage trolls

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:04 pm

Foster should have bopped Mikey V. YEARS AGO,as I would have,before the studio gangsta became so freakin' obnoxious. (Another reason to hate Valenti: Friday,this Jersey Shore reject opined that the Beatles "blow," proving he lacks music taste along with personality and looks.)

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Sipowicz,Lomas Brown is Mush Mouth. Listen to the 2018 Lions broadcasts ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic