Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Grayling Rocker

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Grayling Rocker

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:33 pm

That's terrific that they now employ 12 folks...full time, no less!

Impressive stuff. I wish them continued success.

SpartanAM

Post by SpartanAM » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:23 pm

I wish they had somebody who knew how to image a radio station! It sounds like nobody there knows how to record or edit audio! Impressive playlist though.

To the hostile invading aliens hovering just beyond Earth's atmosphere, “Eat the Canadians first!”

-R.I.P. Ian Punnett

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:49 pm

I agree that the imaging sucks, but it is charming in a way. Small town radio. 100.3 has replaced 98.5 on my presets in Traverse City.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:11 am

I've tried to give 100.3 a chance but I just can't get into them. Used to listen extensively when they were country. They haven't been on my presets for a long time.

Milk

Post by Milk » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:52 pm

It's amazing that a guy out of Grayling can run a radio station far better than that hole-digging, stapler-hurling, station-silencing dweeb out of Traverse City.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:32 pm

100.3's playlist is too "out there" for my liking - but it sounds like they have developed a very devout local following.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it! :)

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:12 am

Agreed
MWmetalhead wrote:100.3's playlist is too "out there" for my liking - but it sounds like they have developed a very devout local following.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it! :)

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:29 pm

It's interesting that they don't provide the call sign in the article...it's WQON, although I should have remembered them as they were a client years ago.

Listening live provides music, and pretty good classic rock, and a legal ID at the top of the 5 PM hour. Have not heard a spot, liner, or anything in about 30 minutes of listening, though.

EDIT 1: The spots, liners, and PSAs all came at once after about 40 minutes of music.....great for the listener, allowing for a tune-out and back to a lot of music later.....but not so good for the advertisers. Some dead air, and back to the music.

Impression: Good music director (some deeper cuts), a little bush league on the segues, and a clock that makes the listeners happy...............

EDIT 2: Spots and breaks evened out....lots of local spots and information, apparently the station does a lot of community support. Segues are still pretty rough. I really like the music, though. This is not your typical classic rocker....they play a lot of deep cuts, and some covers of popular songs by different artists. This one goes in my internet radio....glad you guys brought it up. Just a little too far to hear at my Radio Ranch, though.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:02 pm

Milk wrote:It's amazing that a guy out of Grayling can run a radio station far better than that hole-digging, stapler-hurling, station-silencing dweeb out of Traverse City.
Hell, even Cumuless or iFart could run a station better than that dweeb! A little surprised Uncle Charlie hasn't taken some licenses away or forced a sale of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:24 pm

I Heart doesn't have 12 employees total in Grand Rapids. 9 are "managers".

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:43 pm

Milk Wrote:
[quote] iHeart doesn't have 12 employees total in Grand Rapids. 9 are "managers".[/quote]

Simply untrue.

I can think of three, in-house, on-air talents for B93 (Aly Mac, Matt Gilcheck, and Conrad) WOOD has Steve Kelly and Bret Bakita, John Bry, Rob Sanford and Chuck LaTour are full time news presenters, There's Tommy and Brook on Star, and Ken Evans and Shmitty are on 104.5, at minimum. There are certainly sales people, producers and other staffers, beyond the part-time crowd, before you even get to managers.

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:13 am

The station seems to be having some issues. It's gone off the air twice tonight.

SpartanAM

Post by SpartanAM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:54 am

I was listening around 8pm and all seemed fine. When did they go off?

Has anybody else noticed this station has a slight STL hiss?

To the hostile invading aliens hovering just beyond Earth's atmosphere, “Eat the Canadians first!”

-R.I.P. Ian Punnett

SaveFerris

Post by SaveFerris » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Dead air again as of 10:55, stereo pilot is on. Can hear a slight bit of background noise.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic