Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mike Valenti, Such A Tool

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
The Constant Browser

Re: Mike Valenti, Such A Tool

Post by The Constant Browser » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:05 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mike Valenti is a narcissist. As such...

Narcissists actually talk about Valenti

Juice81

Post by Juice81 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Mike Valenti is a narcissist. As such...
"People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence. This is because people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements.[5][8] In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority."
[/quote]

Sounds more like Donald Trump, and he wants to be president. Not a big deal if a radio personality has those traits.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:25 am

Juice81 wrote:Mike Valenti is a narcissist. As such...
"People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence. This is because people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements.[5][8] In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority."
Sounds more like Donald Trump, and he wants to be president. Not a big deal if a radio personality has those traits.[/quote]

There can be more than one narcissist in the world. Discussing the presidential race is an entirely different topic.
Obviously as a radio personality all that matters is whether people tune in. I fully realize Valenti is successful in that regard.

I no longer directly engage trolls

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Juice81 wrote:Mike Valenti is a narcissist. As such...
Sounds more like Donald Trump, and he wants to be president. Not a big deal if a radio personality has those traits.[/quote]

Interesting that you mention Trump. That definition seems to fit Hillary just as much.

rizzman87

Post by rizzman87 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:57 pm

For over a year the only time I turn on 97.1 is for the Tigers, Wings and some weekend shows. So I miss all the weekday garbage that's on that station and my sanity is a lot better lol.

radiofan

Post by radiofan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Trying to find a bright side, I guess I can thank Valenti and the no competition 105.1 (after 10am) for helping me re-discover my love for music.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:30 am

:lol:

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:09 pm

When I have that station on and the Mouth Bros. show starts, I can barely last a couple of minutes (if that) before I have to change the channel (usually to Sirius). Mr. Negativity spews the same shit every day. Sometimes, I can't even get through the juvenile intro with Mush Mouth talking about "big" and "hard" and "black". Whatthefuckever. Totally baffles me how many people listen this this crap every day and that 105.1 can't make a dent in the ratings of a station that 1) Has a stable of horrible hosts; 2) has hots who talk about non-sports topics they know nothing about; 3) employs Pat "Ya Know" Caputo, who rarely gets calls late at night because he's so freaking boring, arrogant and obnoxious.

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:36 am

It's because unless it's to scream about Matt Stafford or how somebody should be fired, this region really doesn't care about sports at all.

And 97.1 has realized that and found the winning formula.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:57 am

You've got to realize Valenti's act. It's called "schtick". But like it or not, his show is the cash cow of the station.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:21 pm

I wonder if anyone on here criticizing Mikey works for 97.1. Good question.

I myself have some complaints about Valenti... Especially when he and Foster talk politics. It's so obvious that neither of them have ANY idea what they're talking about and yet they continue to do it. Same with Bill McAllister.

That being said I still find Valenti and Foster highly entertaining, solid radio. It's their job to piss you off. They do that very well.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:07 pm

He's become annoying and a downer. The entertainment value of a show I used to find highly entertaining is almost non-existant now.

Its like the show's value has come to the end of its lifespan.
He can shove-off to NYC anytime now.

And this, on a station where I can't bear to listen to anything else but, Tigers games.

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:34 pm

He ain't going anywhere unfortunately. Just signed a lengthy contract extension, which means Sirius will be getting my business for several more years.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:53 pm

He ain't going anywhere unfortunately. Just signed a lengthy contract extension, which means Sirius will be getting my business for several more years.
That doesn't mean much.
A lot of talent contracts have out clauses for the top markets. And if his contract is with CBS its not unusual for talent to move around the company.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:24 pm

radiodoc wrote: It's their job to piss you off.
Perhaps your right and it certainly appears to work. But radio isn't always about pissing people off and for me its kind of sad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic