Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mike Valenti, Such A Tool

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SoupySez

Mike Valenti, Such A Tool

Post by SoupySez » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:16 pm

And that's being kind, which is more than he ever is. Began his show today with the statement that anybody who is taking part in the visitation at JLA for Gordie Howe, has no business being there, unless they're related to the Howe family or had a close personal relationship with Gordie. If you're just a hockey or Wings fan, the only reason you're there is because you have nothing else going on in your life and you're a loser. He didn't call those people losers, but that was his reference. He also said it was the same thing with Muhammad Ali's funeral. To him, they're all just people who think that by taking part in this makes you part of their life. He said it's just plain ridiculous for anyone who was never part of Howe or Ali's life to insert themselves into it. They need to get a life. I guess Valenti lives in a different reality than the rest of us.

bjmcdevitt

Re: Mike Valenti, Such A Tool

Post by bjmcdevitt » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:48 am

I might get beat up for this, but I agree with him. I'm not calling people that do it losers, but I absolutely cannot fathom why people would want to stand in line to see a dead body. If I go to a funeral or a viewing, I go for the family and friends, not to take a peek in a coffin after standing in line outside a sports arena. It's morbid.

Please look at my signature.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:05 pm

While I personally wouldn't go to a public visitation like that its clearly "the norm" in this country. It happens often when some famous, popular person dies. Just because it ain't my thing doesn't mean I'm right and millions of others are wrong.

Mike Valenti is a narcissist. As such...
"People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence. This is because people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements.[5][8] In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority."

I no longer directly engage trolls

Faymos

Post by Faymos » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:38 pm

bjmcdevitt wrote:I might get beat up for this, but I agree with him. I'm not calling people that do it losers, but I absolutely cannot fathom why people would want to stand in line to see a dead body. If I go to a funeral or a viewing, I go for the family and friends, not to take a peek in a coffin after standing in line outside a sports arena. It's morbid.
Such services are for family and close friends. Only. Anyone else there is a weirdo at minimum, and, yes, maybe a loser.

And anyone actually rocked / upset by the death of a 90-year old former athlete who's a stranger to them has issues.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:18 pm

I suggest anyone who passes judgement or even gives thought to how others should react to the death of a public figure is the one with issues.

Faymos

Post by Faymos » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:31 pm

craig11152 wrote:I suggest anyone who passes judgement or even gives thought to how others should react to the death of a public figure is the one with issues.
Yeah, there's no right, wrong, weird, abnormal, truth, etc. in the world. Everything is fine, and good, and healthy, and beautiful. All judgment is just backwards thinking and evil, right?

...Whatever helps you sleep, Sally.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Faymos wrote:
craig11152 wrote:I suggest anyone who passes judgement or even gives thought to how others should react to the death of a public figure is the one with issues.
Yeah, there's no right, wrong, weird, abnormal, truth, etc. in the world. Everything is fine, and good, and healthy, and beautiful. All judgment is just backwards thinking and evil, right?

I realize your just a troll but on the off chance you aren't then I guess "not very intelligent" or perhaps "just plain stupid" is the other option.
No other explanation for the leap you made from the topic of reacting to the death of a public figure to "no right, wrong, weird, abnormal, truth, etc. in the world."

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:32 pm

I've been Valenti free for a solid year now and I've never been happier!

joe60

Post by joe60 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Gordie Howe always made himself very available to the public and thousands of people had a chance to meet him over the years. If they felt a connection to him and wanted to say goodbye there is nothing wrong with that. Anybody that feels a need to judge people at a viewing or funeral is the loser. Valentis job is to be a prick and he is very good at it

joe60

Post by joe60 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:50 pm

brianp48093 wrote:I have zero problems with Mike V. Matter of fact, as far as local radio radio is concerned, he's the only one worth listening to. I generally agree with almost everything he says and dont mind one bit when he calls out losers. If the shoe fits....

About the only thing I DONT agree on with him is he is against Muslim Racial profiling etc. Im sorry, but if racial profiling helps keep our Country safe, then STFU AND GET OVER IT.
Muslim isnt a race genius

48125er

Post by 48125er » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:53 pm

I Saw him myself about 11-12 years ago signing Books at Laurel Park Mall in Livonia

jsf

Post by jsf » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:48 am

Look up controversial radio and find a pic of Valente, I think it might be done to fill empty air or to get responses. The lack of callers is evident as now they have turned their time slot into doing bit's that sound like the old Amos and Andy shows. When Valente isn't going after anything about U of M he's taking contrary point's just to to start a conversation.
Sad radio.
J.

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:35 pm

brianp48093 wrote:I have zero problems with Mike V. Matter of fact, as far as local radio radio is concerned, he's the only one worth listening to. I generally agree with almost everything he says and dont mind one bit when he calls out losers. If the shoe fits....

About the only thing I DONT agree on with him is he is against Muslim Racial profiling etc. Im sorry, but if racial profiling helps keep our Country safe, then STFU AND GET OVER IT.
When you see someone that is less well-adjusted to the world than Mike Valenti... :shock:

Faymos

Post by Faymos » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:51 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Faymos wrote:

I realize your just a troll but on the off chance you aren't then I guess "not very intelligent" or perhaps "just plain stupid" is the other option.
No other explanation for the leap you made from the topic of reacting to the death of a public figure to "no right, wrong, weird, abnormal, truth, etc. in the world."
Yeah, I know, anyone with enlightened wisdom who calls-out weirdos and puts them in their place is, of course, a "troll".

joe60

Post by joe60 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:29 pm

brianp48093 wrote:
joe60 wrote:Muslim isnt a race genius
No shit. Maybe someone should inform the Muslims who constantly cry and whine about "racial profiling" that term comes right out of their own mouth. Google the many stories about these crybabies accusing TSA etc.

Frankly, I don't give a rats ass about the specifics of Muslims and Islam. The only thing that matters is THEY are the terrorists, cannot be trusted and need to be bombed off the face of the earth.

But I'm sure the pussy Liberals wouldn't want to do that. The Libs would rather sit down with the terrorists and discuss their feelings....if we show them love, kindness and compassion, it will solve everything.
So you are for killing every muslim on earth?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic