Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Congratulations GOP

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Congratulations GOP

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Your long struggle is over. You now have your winning candidate.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Re: Congratulations GOP

Post by Matt » Tue May 03, 2016 10:08 pm

#NeverTrump

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 10:11 pm

#NeverTrump

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 10:19 pm

So Matt and audiophile - you're both cool with Hillary being President and with her making multiple lifetime Supreme Court nominations? That is preferable to voting for Trump in your minds?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 03, 2016 10:19 pm

The RNC has declared Trump "The presumptive nominee."

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm going to use this thread to brag a little bit about my predictions.

August 18, 2015:
bmw wrote:Given Trump's virtually unlimited funding, he will be the last man standing among the "outsiders" as long as none of them pass him. The problem for the establishment will be momentum if Trump wins a few early states' primaries because the field is still so large.

Right now I really believe the nomination is Trump's to lose.
March 15, 2016:
bmw wrote:After tonight's performance, I'm absolutely convinced he'll reach 1237 without a contested convention. You can take that prediction to the bank.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Now you can start predicting doom.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 10:52 pm

bmw wrote:So Matt and audiophile - you're both cool with Hillary being President and with her making multiple lifetime Supreme Court nominations? That is preferable to voting for Trump in your minds?
Trump is a democrat double-agent. I will write-in my own name before voting for an imposter.

Trump will nominate his sister to SCOTUS.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Completely disagree. I'm confident Trump would nominate judges far more conservative than Hillary would. Maybe not Scalia-conservative, but certainly right of center.

As to predictions about the general - I don't see Hillary winning in a landslide. Like I said, I'm still waiting to see a debate before making an actual prediction, but I will predict at least this much - the margin of victory for the winner, whoever it is, will be smaller than Obama's electoral victory over Romney in 2012.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Reagan, Nixon and bush nominated supposed conservatives that were really mostly liberals:

1. Harry Blackmun
2. John Paul Stevens
3. David Souter
4. Sandra Day O'Connor
5. Anthony Kennedy

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 04, 2016 10:55 am

bmw wrote:So Matt and audiophile - you're both cool with Hillary being President and with her making multiple lifetime Supreme Court nominations? That is preferable to voting for Trump in your minds?
Yes.

Trump is human garbage, and he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the White House. He deserves to lose EVERY state.

Furthermore, Hillary should be easy to beat in 2020. Clintons only get elected by anomalies in the election process. Bill was never a majority president because of Perot siphoning votes from Bush and Dole, and Hillary is going to be elected because she's running against pure human garbage.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Yes.

Trump is human garbage, and he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the White House. He deserves to lose EVERY state.

Furthermore, Hillary should be easy to beat in 2020. Clintons only get elected by anomalies in the election process. Bill was never a majority president because of Perot siphoning votes from Bush and Dole, and Hillary is going to be elected because she's running against pure human garbage.
1996 was an actual victory... Perot was nowhere near 20%...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 04, 2016 1:02 pm

audiophile wrote:
Trump is a democrat double-agent. I will write-in my own name before voting for an imposter.

Trump will nominate his sister to SCOTUS.
If the Republicans still hold the Senate after a Trump win, they may just refuse to consider any of his nominees. After 4 years, the court could be down to six members.

jry

Post by jry » Wed May 04, 2016 2:51 pm

Oh boy. We aren't doomed with Trump. You don't build this kind of wealth by being a full out jerk. You can't be crooked in his line of work. There aren't that many customers that you can just pimping them out.
The guy knows how to super serve his customers. He runs a tight ship.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:04 pm

jry wrote:Oh boy. We aren't doomed with Trump. You don't build this kind of wealth by being a full out jerk. You can't be crooked in his line of work. There aren't that many customers that you can just pimping them out.
The guy knows how to super serve his customers. He runs a tight ship.
The guy is a con artist... He has ulterior motives here (maybe rigging the election for Hillary?) and he wasn't originally serious when he started. He was looking for publicity. His ego took over and he won because the GOP base is sick of the party promising things it would love to see that never happen. The trouble is that the GOP base has unrealistic goals that are pushed along by rubes... The rubes are now pissed...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic