All accepted registrations through October 6 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Then, there's this.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jry

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:42 pm

I agree, NS....

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Headline for 7's 6pm about a dog runited with its owner:

"A Furry Reunited"...

:shock:

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:15 pm

7's first block of their 11pm was an absolute implosion... Even the poor powerball numbers weren't spared... All 0's... They got that last glitch fixed but it was a very very rough 10 minutes...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:26 pm

Well 7 has a new app... Version 6.0 was so riddled with errors and bugs it was literally unusuable... It opened but everything displayed incorrectly (doesn't Scripps test this stuff?!?)... The one thing that was nice was the title "WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit"...

Version 6.1 comes out with most of those bugs fixed but the simple and logical name changed to "WXYZ 7 Action News In Detroit"... :x

That's quite a mouthful...

jry

Post by jry » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:40 pm

Nice graphic about "Gar Prices" 4. Since this was a story on gasoline, we'll assume that there should have been an "S" at the end of that word. The picture of a gas pump was a clue.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:57 pm

jry wrote:Nice graphic about "Gar Prices" 4. Since this was a story on gasoline, we'll assume that there should have been an "S" at the end of that word. The picture of a gas pump was a clue.
Isn't Gar a type of fish? Or a monster from a movie?

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Funny NS... Maybe that's why their spell check didn't pick this up. Maybe it was one of those Sonny Elliott "word mashes"...

Anyways. This morning we learned TWO new things. Poor Evrod. He reported that 2015 auto sales were north of 17.4 million vehicles AND that was just what the big three did. Then, they itemized what GM, Ford and FCA sold. That all added up to about 6 million vehicles. Oops!
Then, Podunk said that the Lottery Jackpot was over 450 million. The cash option would net you 272 million, which is about 1/3 of the total jackpot. Huh?.... She had to have meant 1/3 less. Then, there was Kim.
This all happened in the 6 AM hour.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:23 pm

jry wrote:Funny NS... Maybe that's why their spell check didn't pick this up. Maybe it was one of those Sonny Elliott "word mashes"...

Anyways. This morning we learned TWO new things. Poor Evrod. He reported that 2015 auto sales were north of 17.4 million vehicles AND that was just what the big three did. Then, they itemized what GM, Ford and FCA sold. That all added up to about 6 million vehicles. Oops!
Then, Podunk said that the Lottery Jackpot was over 450 million. The cash option would net you 272 million, which is about 1/3 of the total jackpot. Huh?.... She had to have meant 1/3 less. Then, there was Kim.
This all happened in the 6 AM hour.
There must be some real clowns working 4's morning show...

Happyshooter

Post by Happyshooter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:47 pm

They let her victory lap again with a newsroom standup tonight to tell people the millage gag bill was signed. It was a great catch.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:13 pm

They let her victory lap again with a newsroom standup tonight to tell people the millage gag bill was signed. It was a great catch.
She was doing a follow up story with sound from Dearborn's mayor, the story already edited and in the can when word came down around 4:15 that Snyder had in fact signed the bill. At 2pm he had not yet done so. This is a bad week for Governor Snyder. Snyder claims he wants the bill fixed by March but why sign the bill and not veto it so that the bill could be re-written properly?

Happyshooter

Post by Happyshooter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Editorcj wrote:
She was doing a follow up story with sound from Dearborn's mayor, the story already edited and in the can when word came down around 4:15 that Snyder had in fact signed the bill. At 2pm he had not yet done so. This is a bad week for Governor Snyder. Snyder claims he wants the bill fixed by March but why sign the bill and not veto it so that the bill could be re-written properly?
Russell also had a second story following up on DPS firing all the school cops but not fixing the classroom phones and intercoms first. She got some good scare quotes about needing the DPS police to save the school girls from getting dragged into homes near the schools. Go Kim, keep the spotlight on them.

ETA: the way I wrote that it sounds like I think it is funny. I don't. If they need cops to save school girls then the state should get off their butts and rehire the DPS, or send a state trooper to each school for start and end of school day. I don't want to live in a state where people drag girls off from the school.

jry

Post by jry » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:31 pm

[quote="Editorcj"][quote]They let her victory lap again with a newsroom standup tonight to tell people the millage gag bill was signed. It was a great catch.[/quote]

She was doing a follow up story with sound from Dearborn's mayor, the story already edited and in the can when word came down around 4:15 that Snyder had in fact signed the bill. At 2pm he had not yet done so. This is a bad week for Governor Snyder. Snyder claims he wants the bill fixed by March but why sign the bill and not veto it so that the bill could be re-written properly?[/quote]

I think Snyder did this because most of this bill is good. I really got fed up with the kiddos being indoctrinated about why this millage or that one should be passed. "So, kids, make sure you go home and tell mommy, daddy, grandma and grandpa to vote for this bill".

The district that my Grandkids go to actually sent them home with printed flyers on certain millage issues. Now, just who printed those up?

KeenerGold

Post by KeenerGold » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:53 pm

jry wrote:
I think Snyder did this because most of this bill is good. I really got fed up with the kiddos being indoctrinated about why this millage or that one should be passed. "So, kids, make sure you go home and tell mommy, daddy, grandma and grandpa to vote for this bill".

The district that my Grandkids go to actually sent them home with printed flyers on certain millage issues. Now, just who printed those up?
Because, you know, we wouldn't want to fund our school districts or anything crazy like that.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:07 pm

KeenerGold wrote:
jry wrote:

Because, you know, we wouldn't want to fund our school districts or anything crazy like that.
Nah... They can use chalk while all the old farts scream "get off my lawn!!!!" :lol

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:47 pm

So, this afternoon, during a local break, WJR airs an ad for a financial advisor. These must be franchised or something... Maybe it was "The Mutual Fund Store"? Anyways, the local agent to call was in Albuquerque, NM. Can someone please schedule a "make good"?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic