All accepted registrations through November 16 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Then, there's this.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Happyshooter

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by Happyshooter » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Maybe a month ago they let Kim anchor a Sunday morning and she was a lot better than she was. Maybe she has been getting coaching or got comfy on air.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:27 pm

Happyshooter wrote:Maybe a month ago they let Kim anchor a Sunday morning and she was a lot better than she was. Maybe she has been getting coaching or got comfy on air.
I'll bet it was coaching because she showed no improvement from 2011 till the middle of this year... Now to fix the problems with the other 2011 Dye hire that remains... Tara Edwards.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:38 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Editorcj wrote:The late night legislative shenanigans is what she uncovered.
Perhaps if you guys used one of your 30 reporters on politics full time and the latest shooting in Detroit you'd not have to uncover anything... You have WSYM now as a "base" of sorts to send somebody out of every day to cover the capital. You didn't uncover anything really... It's really surprising given how close it is...
Depends on if the news production agreement between WILX and WSYM covers feeding stories to Detroit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

YouTube is like a sponge that absorbs ego.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:10 pm

If it's sitting on his desk when did it get there? If it's been there awhile and they just now reported on it then that's slow... If it landed there that day and she reported on it then that's not so bad...
It passed around midnight of the 16th/17th, Kim reported it on Friday the 18th when her sources heard about it. Kim is the education reporter not the Lansing legislative reporter. The MI House and Senate passed a number of bills Wednesday night and early Thursday Morning. The Detroit News picked up the story and pretty much copied Kim Friday night so that it could lead with it in Saturday morning's paper. We will see if this builds into something Monday.

The governor's office claims Gov. Snyder has not even read it yet. The bill is obviously unconstitutional and he will probably ask AG Bill Schuette if he is prepared to enforce it as written and defend it against challenges in the courts if Snyder doesn't just veto it right away.

Yes I would agree that 7 should set up a Lansing office at the new Scripps property, FOX 47 WSYM in the future. At present it has no newsroom of it's own. The options for how that would eventually work out are limitless and above my pay grade. But the opportunities should be too good to go un-expoited from a revenue and news gathering angle for very long.

radiodoc

Post by radiodoc » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:08 am

There is nothing about that Bill that is unconstitutional. You and I may not like it, but it's legal.

Happyshooter

Post by Happyshooter » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:01 am

It was very slick, they subbed in the bill as a substitute in the middle of the night at the very end of the session. As of Sunday, the 20th, they still don't have the "enrolled" (official) version of the bill on the state website.

Kim had a good catch here.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28vf ... 15-SB-0571

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Rather than say "Aunt" Jennifer Bisram decided "Auntie" worked better in a recorded piece yesterday evening... :lol I'm trying to envision any other market in the top 20 having these kinds of mistakes and lapses in judgement...

aquaroyale

Post by aquaroyale » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:51 pm

aquaroyale wrote:Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Huh?

jry

Post by jry » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Well, 4s Traffic person, Kim, has been on the streets during Christmas break, filling in for Lauren. She does do much better reporting news from the war zone, than doing traffic. I wonder if its just too brief a slot to fill or maybe they're budgeting too much time for Traffic and she is just bad at filling time like that. I am curious....

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:56 pm

jry wrote:Well, 4s Traffic person, Kim, has been on the streets during Christmas break, filling in for Lauren. She does do much better reporting news from the war zone, than doing traffic. I wonder if its just too brief a slot to fill or maybe they're budgeting too much time for Traffic and she is just bad at filling time like that. I am curious....
Maybe she really is bad with directions?

goggomobil

Post by goggomobil » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:56 pm

There, their, they're. Your, you're.

Trap doors set by our predecessors to flush out haute grammaire poseurs like me who only took English to ogle indiscreet verbs, conjugating freely.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:38 pm

goggomobil wrote:There, their, they're. Your, you're.

Trap doors set by our predecessors to flush out haute grammaire poseurs like me who only took English to ogle indiscreet verbs, conjugating freely.
Huh?

jry

Post by jry » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:23 pm

My Uncle used to sell Gogomobiles in Hawaii...

Anyways, "right now" is what she gets stuck on. I say leave her in the field and look for another Traffic person.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:05 pm

The day Tara Edwards does not butcher a report is the day hell freezes over apparently... She can't get through anything smoothly...

Misplaced words, stumbles and downright wrong information... They fixed Kim Rusells delivery (see CJ I do give compliments) fixing Edwards delivery should be next. I don't know if it's doable but she desperately needs somebody to try...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic