Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTVG 75th Anniversary special

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
schmave

Re: WTVG 75th Anniversary special

Post by schmave » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:40 pm

I was disappointed that Stan Stachak wasn't part of the special. I am not sure he was even mentioned. He was a mainstay for over 30 years ... I wonder if he didn't want to participate or couldn't.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:39 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:32 pm
I'm wondering if they didn't talk nearly as much as the WSPD era because many of the people from that area are no longer around.
Fair enough, but I still think they could have at least searched the archives, or if nothing else talked to people who grew up watching it and had memories to share. Perhaps even incorporated material from previous anniversary specials. It felt a bit incomplete to me. But that's just my opinion. I was hoping for something a bit more like WDIV's 75th special last year. Perhaps 13 ABC's management didn't want to emphasize that the station was an NBC affiliate for its first almost-half-century, whereas channel 4 has been NBC from the start.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:07 pm

schmave wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:40 pm
I was disappointed that Stan Stachak wasn't part of the special. I am not sure he was even mentioned. He was a mainstay for over 30 years ... I wonder if he didn't want to participate or couldn't.
That stunk. Stan was an icon at 13 and is an outstanding meteorologist. I'm also sad that Blizzard Bill Spencer wasn't involved either. He had some of the best severe weather coverage during the June 2010 tornado outbreak. I can still remember him saying, "I'm not going home, but will stay in the studio all night long tracking the outbreak". Bill did say on his FB page that he didn't have too much of a problem with it. To be fair, I did see some archival footage with Stan.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:58 am

speaking of Rebecca Regnier, looks like she's coming back to 13 as co-host of the morning talk show "The Nine" next month

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:35 am

Yep, saw that Rebecca is returning to the station while Christina Williams will continue to do the 4 PM newscast.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:27 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:32 pm
I'm wondering if they didn't talk nearly as much as the WSPD era because many of the people from that area are no longer around.
I'm sure they didn't. That era is long dead as I see it. Sad really. :(

My mom used to appear on several WSPD shows in the 50's she used to tell me about, both TV and radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic