Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New Amherstberg Radio Station Now Testing With July 3 Launch Date

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Turkeytop

New Amherstberg Radio Station Now Testing With July 3 Launch Date

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:07 pm

107.9 CKBG Amherstberg is now testing and hopes to begin regular programming on July 3rd. The town of 22,000 is located 25km south of Windsor. CKBG will be known as The Berg and will have a soft a/c format. The station also will have a mid morning talk show, and a Midnight Doo-Wop program.

Blasting out 50 watts from its 169 ft. tower, this will truly be a local station.

More about the station, program highlights and to listen live.... https://ckbg.ca/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

ChrisWL1980

Re: New Amherstberg Radio Station Now Testing With July 3 Launch Date

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:22 pm

A friend of mine, who also posts on this board, will be doing a Saturday air shift. :)

blizzard

Post by blizzard » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:07 pm

Amherstburg....
I just wanted to clarify that.
:hat

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:13 pm

blizzard wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:07 pm
Amherstburg....
Note to self.

Be careful what you copy and paste. :red
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

edj

Post by edj » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:26 pm

How’s the signal over there. I did a reception report on the MI side of the border in another thread.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:54 pm

blizzard wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:07 pm
Amherstburg....
It’s pronounced “The ‘Burg”.

markmiester01

Post by markmiester01 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:39 pm

Driving around Amherstburg the other day I can tell you the signal suffers a bit of co-channel interference from the Mexican translator when close to the Detroit river, which ironically is where the downtown is and the station's studio is. It's fine when not moving.
In most of the neighbourhoods away from the river it locks in fine. It certainly does not cover rural communities on the outskirts of the town proper very well...the Mexican station is just too strong for the 50 watt signal to completely dominate the frequency.
At my house in LaSalle ON 107.9 is 95% Mexican with the Burg causing some minor interference.
The internet streams sounds very good though so there's that.

edj

Post by edj » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:14 am

Does a 50 watt Canadian station have any protection from interference on their soil?

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?c ... service=FX

According to this the signal should not reach Ontario but it clearly does.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:18 am

edj wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:14 am
Does a 50 watt Canadian station have any protection from interference on their soil?

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?c ... service=FX

According to this the signal should not reach Ontario but it clearly does.
I can almost guarantee that W300DI is over wattage and non directional. This signal booms in Windsor, Essex, and even into Amherstburg! ( took a drive along front road, and even at Texas Road W300DI was popping in and out. The signal IS interfering and hopefully gets at least an investigation to their coverage. I'd like to see them get toned down at very least. CKBG at 50 watts doesn't help, but if there were less interference that 50 watts could cover more area.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:32 am

Townsquare should have complained about that translator interfering with WCRZ within their 54 dBu F(50,50) contour. Their corporate engineer lived in California, and didn't really understand or respect the market or make it a priority in my estimation, like Denny Moon did with WIOT. Look what's happening in California now.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:01 pm

W300DI is definitely directional - the signal is very weak in the Birmingham, NW Royal Oak, and Berkley area - but I do suspect the actual radiation pattern is significantly looser than the licensed parameters. Extra ERP is probably being sent toward SW Detroit.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:17 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:01 pm
W300DI is definitely directional - the signal is very weak in the Birmingham, NW Royal Oak, and Berkley area - but I do suspect the actual radiation pattern is significantly looser than the licensed parameters. Extra ERP is probably being sent toward SW Detroit.
Could just be WCRZ interfering with it.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:30 pm

During tropo in particular that is a possibility. 107.9 from Cleveland makes it into that area on occasion, too.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:32 pm

Got my first chance to do a signal report today on the New CKBG FM.

Was all spanish translator until around the marina at River Canard. The Berg started coming in and overtaking the spanish.

Nice signal in A Berg proper. For 50 watts nice stereo sound with info on my Dodge Caravan radio.

Even at my destination the Libro Centre it sound great.

Will be a good format for the town and the zoomer demo.Liked the gingle in their station ID.

On the way back to Windsor lost it at same point of the marina. Went back to Ozzys Boneyard...... :hat

They are looking for interference reports to probably build a case against the translator withe the CRTC/ FCC.
F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic