Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cumulus Toledo Looking for new PD and Mornings

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
burytheneedle

Cumulus Toledo Looking for new PD and Mornings

Post by burytheneedle » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:09 am

Two postings just went up on Indeed over the past couple weeks:

Full Job Description
CUMULUS MEDIA | (Toledo, Ohio) is searching for an experienced Program Director. The Program Director will be responsible for growing and operating strong brands and must have a strong background and passion for Classic Rock and Hot Adult Contemporary music. Energy, enthusiasm and experience within the genre is a must. You will be responsible for all aspects of programming including music scheduling, managing on-air staff, imaging, station strategy, developing and executing revenue generating sales & programming promotions, website & social media, digital content and have a strong understanding of the core audience of an AC format. The position (may) also requires a daily air shift, along with a weekend voice track shift and/or live appearances and live remotes!

CUMULUS MEDIA | (Toledo, Ohio/Monroe, Michigan) is looking for a dynamic Monday through Friday 5a to 10am On-Air Host. Our people work in a state-of-the-art facility, take pride in our community and value teamwork. If you can deliver lifestyle headlines, be focused, creative and multi-task and most of all…love radio, we should talk. Board work, remotes and production are all a part of what we do, so show us what you’ve got.

I take it Russ is out at Q105? The other job appears to be Jeff Tuttle's old gig?

Colonel Flagg

Re: Cumulus Toledo Looking for new PD and Mornings

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:52 pm

Anyone with a "strong track record" isn't going to relocate to Toledo.

Lyn Casye deserves the gig. She's earned it.

My old friend Michael Young, from my FM104 days, would be a good candidate too. Last I heard, he was MD at the former X103 in Indy. Not sure where Michael is now...or why he'd want to work for Cumulus, but he's a great guy, with ties to Toledo.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:28 pm

It appears that Russ is out, as his name no longer appears on either Q105.5 or XKR'S websites, as he was listed on both station's websites a few months back.

I'm glad they're trying to find a new morning host on 98.3. Jeff was great for NashIcon and it's a shame he passed so soon. I miss both Sunday Bluegrass Time and Sunday Gospel Time.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:26 pm

I tell people if they have a chance to leave The Toledo area to go for it.

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:07 am

Looks like they want 1 PD for two stations.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:04 pm

So, do they want somebody for XKR and Q105, or trying to delete the K100 morning team? I know a former co-worker who would be perfect for the job, except he hates Cumulus more than a root canal. Is Mrs. J. D. still the station manger for Cumuli Toledo?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:51 pm

AMFMTV wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:07 am
These days, it's not uncommon to have 1 PD for FOUR stations.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:46 pm

WOHO wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:04 pm
So, do they want somebody for XKR and Q105, or trying to delete the K100 morning team? I know a former co-worker who would be perfect for the job, except he hates Cumulus more than a root canal. Is Mrs. J. D. still the station manger for Cumuli Toledo?
Yes, Johny D's wife is still market manager.

I don't see K100 launching a new morning show as Cliff Smithers left the station last year and was replaced with a new guy named Marco. Marco's now paired up with Lyn.

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:37 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:51 pm
AMFMTV wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:07 am
These days, it's not uncommon to have 1 PD for FOUR stations.

Agreed. Would make more sense for the PD to have two stations similar in format, ie classic rock and classic hits. Not many (well)versed in CR and HAC. Almost sets one up for failure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic