Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Windsor and Canadian Radio Ratings from Numeris

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Colonel Flagg

Re: Windsor and Canadian Radio Ratings from Numeris

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:12 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:47 am
What a colossal disaster for Pure Country 89!!!

Losing to 95.9 by a nearly 2:1 margin.

I'm not sure Bell Media would want to take a chance using "Bounce" branding on a station that covers nearly all of Metro Detroit. That might introduce a lawsuit from Beasley, owner of 105.1 The Bounce (WMGC-FM).

The air talent on 88.7 is garbage, for the most part. Airing Bobby Bones in mornings was a stupid idea, too.

The audio processing & audio loudness inconsistencies on 88.7 are likely harming ratings, too. The engineering quality control in that building is laughably poor.

I think Variety Hits and Adult Contemporary are both options that should be considered for 88.7. Moving CKWW to FM is another option that should be considered.
Pure Country 89 takes me back to the late '80's, early 1990's, when local air personalities were being terminated and replaced with programming "off the bird" from Transtar, or SMN. Basically, it sounds like a generic country station, with programming off satellite.

CKWW is buried in the AM noise floor, making it unlistenable in many locations. Would love to hear it on FM, but I don't think that's likely. The Canadian version of Jack FM could be something.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:47 am
What a colossal disaster for Pure Country 89!!!

Losing to 95.9 by a nearly 2:1 margin.

I'm not sure Bell Media would want to take a chance using "Bounce" branding on a station that covers nearly all of Metro Detroit. That might introduce a lawsuit from Beasley, owner of 105.1 The Bounce (WMGC-FM).

The air talent on 88.7 is garbage, for the most part. Airing Bobby Bones in mornings was a stupid idea, too.

The audio processing & audio loudness inconsistencies on 88.7 are likely harming ratings, too. The engineering quality control in that building is laughably poor.

I think Variety Hits and Adult Contemporary are both options that should be considered for 88.7. Moving CKWW to FM is another option that should be considered.
I will never forgive them for axing 89X like they did. The market is already saturated with country. Still don't get it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 am

CKWW has fans in Toledo, but 500W vs the Big 8"s 50KW is rough. But. Putting CKWW on a 100KW FM would make the cut into NW Ohio. Cumulus wrecked their gold stations and CKWW would have an audience

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:04 pm

WOHO wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 am
CKWW has fans in Toledo, but 500W vs the Big 8"s 50KW is rough. But. Putting CKWW on a 100KW FM would make the cut into NW Ohio. Cumulus wrecked their gold stations and CKWW would have an audience
WRQN sounds very repetitive nowadays.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:55 pm

Making 88.7 CKWW-FM is an option and ratings will go up. As mentioned on the AM side you would end up with Comedy as Funny 580 and those stations don't usually score anything higher than a 0.5 in any of the markets that they are in.

edj

Post by edj » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:21 pm

I like CKWW as a change of pace once in a while. Ratings may improve on 88.7, but can you sell it?
All of 580’s spots are either Bell related or probably throw-ins from CKLW and the FMs. What are music licensing costs vs. say potential Funny 580 costs? Could they throw a curveball and go Bloomberg Radio like CKOC did when TSN was dumped? There’s really no other options for 580. TSN or a classic country format won’t happen.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic