Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

IHeart Automation issues

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
radioandtventhusiast

IHeart Automation issues

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Ever since IHeart laid off quite a bit of their staff over 2020, and the fact the building is up for sale, I can't believe how many issues there are regarding their automation. Cumulus stations don't seem to have these problems.

I have noticed some of the syndicated shows will play segments twice, causing the TOH ID to run 10-20 minutes late at various. I have also noticed times when both hourly commercial breaks will run one right after the other during these syndicated shows.

Another thing is various times commercials have run over the actual programming. It's a very hard listen to hear two different sources of audio at once.

Both yesterday and today, with the Guardians playing later games. WSPD has had minutes of dead air until Coast to Coast AM starts at 1. Commercials play, but it seems like there's a technical problem after the Guardians broadcasts end.

All groups seem to have problems, but IHeart's Toledo operations seem worse lately, with technical difficulties. I don't know why they can't hire an engineer who monitors each station on nights and weekends to make sure they're running correctly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic