Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

1073 alternative Cleveland

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Mega Hertz

Re: 1073 alternative Cleveland

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:30 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:31 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:19 pm
Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:34 am
How does Cleveland not have a good rock station? That makes zero sense.
For some reason, rock formats just don't seem to pop up like they used to. I mean, look at "Detroit Rock City", when it comes to newer/active rock (old AOR), we have...

*checks notes*

WRIF alone since...

*checks notes again*

So, yeah. Maybe it's a harder sell? Not enough good material to go around? Who knows.
We also have WCSX. But yeah, I get it.
I meant contemporary rock. Our last real rock competition was 97.1 and they went talk around 1999.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Inundated

Post by Inundated » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:40 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
For some reason, rock formats just don't seem to pop up like they used to. I mean, look at "Detroit Rock City", when it comes to newer/active rock (old AOR), we have...

*checks notes*

WRIF alone since...

*checks notes again*

So, yeah. Maybe it's a harder sell? Not enough good material to go around? Who knows.
I meant contemporary rock. Our last real rock competition was 97.1 and they went talk around 1999.
And here, the venerable rocker WMMS is talk in both drive times and runs sports play by play nights and weekends.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:34 pm

Inundated wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:40 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

*checks notes*

WRIF alone since...

*checks notes again*

And here, the venerable rocker WMMS is talk in both drive times and runs sports play by play nights and weekends.
They're still doing that!? When I heard about that Idk how long ago, I found it really strange. Why stop the music?

-TurkeyTop

Inundated

Post by Inundated » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:15 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Inundated wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

*checks notes*

WRIF alone since...

*checks notes again*

They're still doing that!? When I heard about that Idk how long ago, I found it really strange. Why stop the music?
Because the drive time talk shows ("Rover's Morning Glory" in AM drive and "The Alan Cox Show" in PM drive) are very highly rated.

The sports PBP (Guardians and Cavaliers) probably do better than a music show would do evenings and weekends.

(WMMS doesn't preempt Alan Cox for afternoon games, and all of the games for both teams air on AM flagship WTAM/1100.)

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:15 pm

Inundated wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:15 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Inundated wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

*checks notes*

WRIF alone since...

*checks notes again*

Because the drive time talk shows ("Rover's Morning Glory" in AM drive and "The Alan Cox Show" in PM drive) are very highly rated.

The sports PBP (Guardians and Cavaliers) probably do better than a music show would do evenings and weekends.

(WMMS doesn't preempt Alan Cox for afternoon games, and all of the games for both teams air on AM flagship WTAM/1100.)
We had both shows here at different times. Neither one really did much ratings wise.

That said, the one place I will give it credit is that it beats playing another crusty burnt song another spin. Aside from thr Pistons on 105.1 for a couple years (a team that has been mediocre at best) it's been a while since a major pro sports team has been heard on an FM (rock based) signal. 97.1 has pretty much had all teams on lock, with the occasional game spillover on 104.3.

If it works, it works. We just dumped a talk show (though there was some music played) from afternoon drive on 98.7 here.

I'll admit it's been years since I've heard MMS OTA. It used to faintly pop in back in the late 90s where I lived, but these days? Forget it.

-TurkeyTop

Inundated

Post by Inundated » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:18 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Inundated wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Inundated wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

*checks notes*

WRIF alone since...

*checks notes again*

We had both shows here at different times. Neither one really did much ratings wise.

That said, the one place I will give it credit is that it beats playing another crusty burnt song another spin. Aside from thr Pistons on 105.1 for a couple years (a team that has been mediocre at best) it's been a while since a major pro sports team has been heard on an FM (rock based) signal. 97.1 has pretty much had all teams on lock, with the occasional game spillover on 104.3.

If it works, it works. We just dumped a talk show (though there was some music played) from afternoon drive on 98.7 here.

I'll admit it's been years since I've heard MMS OTA. It used to faintly pop in back in the late 90s where I lived, but these days? Forget it.
I don't know where you are, but 100.7 has been occupied in Toledo by a translator for some time.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:36 pm

Inundated wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:18 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Inundated wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Inundated wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

*checks notes*

WRIF alone since...

*checks notes again*

I don't know where you are, but 100.7 has been occupied in Toledo by a translator for some time.
Just Northwest of Detroit. There's a 100.7 from Lansing and a booster at 100.7 from Windsor. And don't forget the HD side channels.

-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:54 pm

100.7 in Toledo doesn't have a wide signal range. Pretty much only the Greater Toledo area, and a little far north and south.

Inundated

Post by Inundated » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:19 am

OK, those two channels could be making it harder to get WMMS. As far as I know, WMMS has not had any facilities changes.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:03 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:54 pm
100.7 in Toledo doesn't have a wide signal range. Pretty much only the Greater Toledo area, and a little far north and south.
I got some e skip to catch it with the radio in my old Mercury back in the day. It is possible to get 100.7 here, but you have to have IDEAL conditions.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic