Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Predictions for 2022

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WOHO

Re: Predictions for 2022

Post by WOHO » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:18 am

Back when WTVG was ABC O&O and had the Disney bucks, I would have bet them on ATSC 3.0 as they were first with HD news back then, but now all the TV stations are on the cheap, and since WGTE-FM never even bothered to jump onto the HD-radio (HD-2 could have been classical music or NPR news all damn day), so I don't see WGTE being the ATSC 3.0 mother station. Too bad Fox didn't give a rat's arse about WUPW becuase I could see them having not only the host for the local DTV-1's for all locals, but also carrying all the local AM and FM radio stations too? Aren't they considering making an ATSC 3.0 audio-only radio receiver where you buffer-up the audio from standard broadcast stations?

Deleted User 15062

Re: Predictions for 2022

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:14 pm

WOHO wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:18 am
Back when WTVG was ABC O&O and had the Disney bucks, I would have bet them on ATSC 3.0 as they were first with HD news back then, but now all the TV stations are on the cheap, and since WGTE-FM never even bothered to jump onto the HD-radio (HD-2 could have been classical music or NPR news all damn day), so I don't see WGTE being the ATSC 3.0 mother station. Too bad Fox didn't give a rat's arse about WUPW becuase I could see them having not only the host for the local DTV-1's for all locals, but also carrying all the local AM and FM radio stations too? Aren't they considering making an ATSC 3.0 audio-only radio receiver where you buffer-up the audio from standard broadcast stations?
WUPW is not owned by Fox (Newscorp) or ABC/Fox/Disney. It is owned by American Spirit, a small broadcaster. Part of the reason I see them and Scripps chatting about a purchase. WTOL only LMA's WUPW-"Fox36." 36 actually has it's own GM, separate of WTOL's.

I am not aware of an audio reciever for NextGen. But do know you currently CAN stream paid TV channels without cable on NextGen.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic