Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Toledo's Zone Moving to 94.5 HD-2 May 1st

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15502

Re: Toledo's Zone Moving to 94.5 HD-2 May 1st

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 am

I grew up just over the state line in lower Monroe County. I remember before Bedford Senior High School at WMLZ-LP, I could get 107.9 The End in on a decent day, on my old techinics receiver and 107.3 The Wave Sometimes.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue May 04, 2021 8:25 am

There are more AM Stereo cars from the 80's and 90's than HD now. EVERY Chrysler from 83-92 had AM Stereo on stock stereos. On most cars to get HD you need to do an aftermarket, which I've done, and unless you're in Detroit, there ain't all that much on HD here; only The River has 3 HD channels here and none of the Toledo AM stations have the HD turned-on anymore.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue May 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 am
I grew up just over the state line in lower Monroe County. I remember before Bedford Senior High School at WMLZ-LP, I could get 107.9 The End in on a decent day, on my old techinics receiver and 107.3 The Wave Sometimes.
Speaking of WMLZ, they haven't been on the air in months now. Can't even pick them up in Bedford.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue May 04, 2021 5:02 pm

I'll see if WXKR can lock-in my HD radio in Perrysburg today so I can listen to the Zone.
92.5 easily locks-in since you can see the damn tower, and usually the River locks-in until you drive South on OH25 until you reach the 93.5 tower, but 104.7 has a hard time locking the HD, which makes no sense to me on a 50KW signal 15 miles away? I wonder if there's an issue with the HD generator on the WIOT transmitter? I did hear 100.7 ID as WQQO-HD2 today, but didn't hear a Morse code or the translator call letters?

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Fri May 07, 2021 1:42 pm

Anybody else notice unbalanced audio on the Zone's new home at WXKR-HD2? Since the frequency changed the audio stream seems to favor the left speaker. Not sure if it's just a streaming issue or if the actual hd subchannel is unbalanced as well. I've tried it with iHeart, Tunein, the player on their website, even plain old Windows Media Player on my Windows laptop, same on all of them.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri May 07, 2021 2:18 pm

If I only coulda sold pot spots, The Zone coulda been a contender....

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri May 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Yep, Andy The Hemp Zone would have been a contender... You need pot to listen to The Zone- I don't mean to bitch, but the audio on WXKR HD-2 is about like a walkie-talkie. It has no dynamic range, no bass, no treble, just voice frequencies and sound like they don't have ANY audio processing. I have cassettes and a stereo AM radio that sounds better. Are they that short on hardware that they don't have a decent STL to the WXKR transmitter and ANY HD-2 audio processing? Also, when WXKR makes the jump from analog to HD, Grizzy gets 4x as loud (+6dB) so that needs a bit of work too. Good news, the zone still lives, bad news is the broadcast audio quality is poor the way that it's currently set-up.
Fake Andy Stuart, get them some good connections and an audio processor that can do the HD properly as well as online.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri May 07, 2021 5:59 pm

First off, they fired EVERY part-timer in the building. Very smart.

Now bad audio?

Kinda telling the world who is a bad company and employees. Read my signature.

EVERY station needs processed, internet, over-air, HD. I wonder if the cloud still has the 15 sec HD delay? With what's going on, I'm doubting it. Does the XKR HD jump back, with the switch from digital to analog?

And WOHO... you do know FAS does not work and has not worked for the cloud... Right? Notice the conversation is news media stuff, and not personalized with things only folks within Arlington would know? Or even the REAL AS would have done to them or with them? Extremely telling sign.

And talking about AM Stereo (Moto or K-H), shows me how everyone is stuck in the past. You heard me say it before... That's exactly why TV and radio in NW Ohio is a 2, at best, out of 10.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic