Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Have K100's ratings ever been lower?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WOHO

Re: Have K100's ratings ever been lower?

Post by WOHO » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:57 pm

What are the new owners of 106.5 going to do with the station? Are sports leaving a forgone conclusion, or will it just turn into a brokered time station and still have Saturday morning and afternoon sports until the testosterone and colon-blo infomercials take over?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 am

W Gay Gay Oh's problem is that it was country, but was run like an Adult CHR. Jingles were contemporary, sweepers had overlap swooshes, multi-level promos, recyclers, an adult CHR attitude. On the downside, Jerry took "Your Hick Parade at 99.9" to a population of 2 mentality. NO FORWARD MOMENTUM. Things sound too canned, to generic, REALLY BLAND, 1980'S BEAUTIFUL MUSIC SOUND, and FLAT jingles- which fight the music. Nobody is being creative. In "Your Hick Parade's" heyday, there was a guy that was creative with imaging. Unfortunately, he walked off the job. Then things began to fail. They tried to replace him, but big Jerry (Avalanche) did not do the same stuff as part time. It appeared that Gary and this guy Mikel knew what to do, from an image standpoint. Add Shores and Steele, public service elements like live WX, gaswatch and traffic... that was the bomb!

Let's also look at some HD coverage issues, particularly in Wood County. "Your Hick Parade at 99.9" does not cover as much, with the HD on. Shut off the HD to get better signal to those places it had before HD. Not like they are using the HD for anything else, like some of the other stations do.

One last thing... I am not hearing ANYONE liking Johnny D. That is a BIIIGGG mistake, muchless have him VT'd.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:25 am

Ditching The 1470 simulcast was a mistake. 1470 was a piece of junk but at least you could hear it on the east side of town, 106.5 comes in crappy in Oregon. They lost half there audience, when they did that. At the time, they should of 86'd Tower 98 and simulcasted The Ticket on there. This was back when the station was still kind of relevant. Now, once the flip to religious happens, I doubt many will notice or care.

I think it will be this: https://www.truthnetwork.com/

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:19 am

Heathcliff, you know I agree with you, it might have only been 330 watts of their 1KW power, but 1470 still covered Oregon, Northwood and Rossford with ease, wish they'd found a way to diplex it as an omni signal in Perrysburg Township on one of the towers for either 730 or 1520?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:05 pm

One other thing that I notice..... W Gay Gay Oh!'s numbers were originally 15 shares. Now the highest number today for ratings is a 7. Half of the audience is gone. There needs to be some serious discussion on many levels on what to do. "Your Hick Parade at 99.9" cannot keep going down in numbers. From a sales aspect, that alone is a nightmare. I'm also not hearing targeted local spots for the audience. Seems all the stations air the same spots, minus the Adult shops. This sales theory is a no-brainer. Ms. D. needs to get her act together, as she was from major markets. Each station should not be airing the same exact spot loads, outside of barter. But... I just know what I'm doing.... now managing a station myself.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:29 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:05 pm
One other thing that I notice..... W Gay Gay Oh!'s numbers were originally 15 shares. Now the highest number today for ratings is a 7. Half of the audience is gone. There needs to be some serious discussion on many levels on what to do. "Your Hick Parade at 99.9" cannot keep going down in numbers. From a sales aspect, that alone is a nightmare. I'm also not hearing targeted local spots for the audience. Seems all the stations air the same spots, minus the Adult shops. This sales theory is a no-brainer. Ms. D. needs to get her act together, as she was from major markets. Each station should not be airing the same exact spot loads, outside of barter. But... I just know what I'm doing.... now managing a station myself.
W Gay Gay Oh - That's good. Do you show up at any open mic nights?
After my monumental morning show switch that saved Denny from complete oblivion, I got shoved out the door before I could fix the sales dept. I'll bet they miss Cody.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 am

Where is the real Andy Stuart at now?

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:43 am

WOHO wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 am
Have no idea, I've been spending all my time trying to kill off all the other stations you love, since I did such a great job with 1470.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:42 pm

WOHO wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 am
auditioning for the role of Mr. Burns in the live action Simpsons movie?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic