Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Upcoming changes to The Toledo radio dial?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

Re: Upcoming changes to The Toledo radio dial?

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Ah ok, makes sense with Nash I guess. 105, they need to just give it up IMO with this bouncing between CHR and Hot AC. They will never learn ha ha.
The issue is that they were CHR after after Steve left. They then attempted Adult CHR, went back to Hot AC and still are today. They are the EXACT format WBVI (Mix 96.7) was. They both aired the same exact music, until WBVI became "Classic Hits 96.7." Interesting, that was the same exact weekend Q stunted with "throwbacks" for that weekend, constantly mentioning "92.5 kiss FM" and "something New's coming Monday. " Turns out, the playlist did not change.

Point is Heathcliff, they did not bounce as much as people think. They just moved 1 program, replaced it and added new sweepers. The format kept the same. That's really what it's been. "Jane" was just known as "Edward," but still the exact same person, acting the same way. It's just a psych out.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 am

I mean, just blow the whole thing up. Stunt for a week then launch something totally different on there. Enough with the tinkering.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:12 am

Heathcliff wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 am
I mean, just blow the whole thing up. Stunt for a week then launch something totally different on there. Enough with the tinkering.
Well, they refuse to fix the above issues. If you sound like shit, nobody will listen to it, regardless of format. Again... The EQ has way too much midrange for what they claim to be CHR. 50:1 compression, over compressed mics, no application to get beyond the 4,000 watts, flunky morning show, flunky morning show in the afternoon (who puts podcast first, over the actual studio presentation), clearly voice tracked 9 hrs a day, which they refuse to hide.... when do I end. 105.5 is literally a blown up minefield mess. Scrap the license, signal, and TX at Nebraska and Westwood.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:41 pm

They could pull a 3 share with EZ, WXEZ-FM Sylvania with the old Bonneville EZ format and just live assist drive times.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:06 am

WOHO wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:41 pm
They could pull a 3 share with EZ, WXEZ-FM Sylvania with the old Bonneville EZ format and just live assist drive times.
Well, the "live assist" was exactly what the morning show was. Now that's the afternoon voicetracked show. Live assist does not work. Live programming does.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm

If someone would just give me the reins I could make the changes needed to the Toledo radio dial!!!!

Denny on every station in the cluster.
Jonny D learning to jock in Spanish.
10 minute stopsets

I'm ready !!!!

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:16 pm

Toledo needs another Buzz 106.5.....

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:13 am

I remember The Buzz well, I was in High School at the time and that was everyone's favorite station. The Bumper stickers were everywhere along with the foam balls to put on your antenna, it's funny as most cars today don't have fixed mast antennas. Anyway, it was homegrown and local. Then Corporate came in and killed it.

windsor

Post by windsor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:47 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:13 am
I remember The Buzz well, I was in High School at the time and that was everyone's favorite station. The Bumper stickers were everywhere along with the foam balls to put on your antenna, it's funny as most cars today don't have fixed mast antennas. Anyway, it was homegrown and local. Then Corporate came in and killed it.
Only heard Buzz 106.5 a few times since it was very weak out of Delta.The morn guy was the Z Man I think.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:38 am

Howard Stern came on in Summer of 1996(I think). I remember Z man real well and Dan Bozick(sp?). Mix of newer harder rock with a couple of older AOR tracks mixed in, but 70% of it was currents.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:29 am

Hasn't Z man been on this board from time to time?

Last I heard him on the air was doing mornings when the Zone was unfortunately heavily in its wussy electro-pop phase like 8 years ago

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:44 pm

I always liked Z man. No idea if he's been on here or not.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:00 pm

I'm not sure if Z-man has been on here or not. If he has, it's been a long time ago.

I do remember him being the morning host on the Zone around 2014 until "Peapod" took over.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:25 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:44 pm
I always liked Z man. No idea if he's been on here or not.
Not sure.... but Gay Steve is still trolling Grindr. Still looks the same as he did. I blocked him.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:27 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:29 am
Hasn't Z man been on this board from time to time?

Last I heard him on the air was doing mornings when the Zone was unfortunately heavily in its wussy electro-pop phase like 8 years ago
Everywhere else in the world "electro pop" is humungus. Only in North America it is not. Funny how "fag music" and wussy go hand in hand. Guess Channel Q, Pride Radio, C89.5, B1069, Pulse 87 and Vegas Vibe must be wrong, as the popularity seems to be growing. Sounds like Craig Snyder to me. To me guitars and drums are wussy, as nobody learns anything new. I may not be popular about what I'm saying... but eventually, you'll see my point.

And I think you speak of 100.7 The Vibe.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic