Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Upcoming changes to The Toledo radio dial?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15502

Upcoming changes to The Toledo radio dial?

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:38 am

I'm not sure when the sale closes but 106.5 should be going religious sometime in the next month, I would guess. Likely to this: https://www.truthnetwork.com/ . No idea what's going on with 1520am, there still airing k-love 90s so I don't know when Fusion is supposed to take over or what the format will be.

Now, it was noted that Cumulus would not be including The WTOD call letters or The Ticket name. So, is that a hint The Ticket might be moving to another signal, say 100.7? Meaning The Zone will be killed off once again or... The Ticket will move to say... 98.3? or is it just gone for good? My guess is The WTOD call letters move to 98.3 in any event.

I'm hoping The Zone isn't killed off, with no 89x there's not another station that plays newer rock music. 98.7 from Detroit's signal is spotty at best and who knows how long that's going to last anyway. The Zone isn't perfect but it's better then the other choices on the dial in T-town.

CurlyHoward

Re: Upcoming changes to The Toledo radio dial?

Post by CurlyHoward » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:10 pm

again, I'm not sure why people are fixated on call letters. How many people on the street could even tell you what channel 13 or K100's call letters are, let alone a station running ESPN Radio 23 hours a day on a shit signal?

We've discussed it before but I agree that killing off the Zone yet again to put the Ticket on 100.7 would be stupid. No one here cares about ESPN slurping Lebron or Tiger, the very limited local shows they do have are awful, and they could easily put the Lions and Buckeyes games on XKR.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:16 pm

As far as call letters go, it's more of a radio geek/Radio hobbyest(is that even a word?) thing. Honestly, I'd like to see The Zone on 98.3 or 105.5, probably no chance of it but it's the most listenable station in Toledo.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:27 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:16 pm
As far as call letters go, it's more of a radio geek/Radio hobbyest(is that even a word?) thing. Honestly, I'd like to see The Zone on 98.3 or 105.5, probably no chance of it but it's the most listenable station in Toledo.
98.3 does very well with the Nash Icon format in Monroe and 1055 flipped to CHR in early September, so both won't go away anytime soon.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:35 pm

Ah ok, makes sense with Nash I guess. 105, they need to just give it up IMO with this bouncing between CHR and Hot AC. They will never learn ha ha.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:13 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Ah ok, makes sense with Nash I guess. 105, they need to just give it up IMO with this bouncing between CHR and Hot AC. They will never learn ha ha.
I wish 105 gave soft AC a try. Give the River competition.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:43 pm

That would actually make sense! Which is why they won't do it. I'd like see that, maybe bring the 3WM name back. AC gold would be a format that would work in Toledo. Toledo's not had a Jack FM! Which is shocking.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:43 pm
That would actually make sense! Which is why they won't do it. I'd like see that, maybe bring the 3WM name back. AC gold would be a format that would work in Toledo. Toledo's not had a Jack FM! Which is shocking.
Jack FM would be amazing, or even a true oldies station. Springfield High School has an oldies station, but It's hard to pick up in most parts of Toledo.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:53 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:27 pm
Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:16 pm
98.3 does very well with the Nash Icon format in Monroe and 1055 flipped to CHR in early September, so both won't go away anytime soon.
Correction: "The new" Q105 is still Hot AC. The playlist never changed, when I pull up their log/recents. Pop is also called soda. A condom is still called a rubber... but is still the same thing.

The only thing "new" is the imaging.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:21 am

Old wine, different bottle.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:40 am

Heathcliff wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:21 am
Exactly. Even the over compressed audio chain, then over compressed mics are still the same. Sounds like 50:1. That alone can be a problem for Q, as Kiss Toledo is a bit looser and is more staccato sounding. WGTE is the least compressed, Q105 is the most compressed.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:12 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:40 am
Heathcliff wrote:
Exactly. Even the over compressed audio chain, then over compressed mics are still the same. Sounds like 50:1. That alone can be a problem for Q, as Kiss Toledo is a bit looser and is more staccato sounding. WGTE is the least compressed, Q105 is the most compressed.
You know what's REALLY over compressed? My income stream..

<<rimshot>> <<no mic drop, I'm on a roll>>

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:20 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:12 am
TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:40 am
Heathcliff wrote:
You know what's REALLY over compressed? My income stream..

<<rimshot>> <<no mic drop, I'm on a roll>>
Well roll over FakeAndy... Cause you asked for a rim job. I'm your "they" to do it. i do come with a broom to shove it up your A--!

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.
So if I admit that I cannot do my job does that make me a good person? And my preference is a Swiffer handle, properly greased with the sweat of my staff.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:38 am

The fact you do not improve your job performance makes you a bad person... if you were real. Never had an issue with Andy, as a person. Just his job performance and nepotism.

Would the Statue of Liberty be a better choice to press against your prostate, while scraping and lubricating the rectal walls?

By the way, Andy was not into rectal pleasures.

You sound just as negative as Bill Manders was... or even a very high and drunk Ron Dusseau from Star.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic