Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Feb. 1 - Changes coming to CBC Music radio schedule

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
SolarMax

Feb. 1 - Changes coming to CBC Music radio schedule

Post by SolarMax » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:05 pm

Changes coming to the CBC Music (a.k.a. CBC Radio 2) radio schedule, starting Monday February 1, with the debut of three new shows.

https://www.cbc.ca/music/here-are-the-c ... -1.5893117

I know Turkeytop is hoping for more "garage band" but, per the release.

CBC Music will increase the amount of classical music played during the day, with Tom Allen's new afternoon program, About Time, acting as a bridge between Julie Nesrallah's Tempo and Rich Terfry's Drive.

thatonedude

Re: Feb. 1 - Changes coming to CBC Music radio schedule

Post by thatonedude » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:14 pm

I must be a rare breed...I like both "garage band" music and classical. This is welcome news.

What I would like is if they adopted a playlist similar to Radio Paradise. Those genres can coexist just fine -- if done properly, of course.

take this job and shove it

SolarMax

Re: Feb. 1 - Changes coming to CBC Music radio schedule

Post by SolarMax » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:20 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:14 pm
I must be a rare breed...I like both "garage band" music and classical. This is welcome news.

What I would like is if they adopted a playlist similar to Radio Paradise. Those genres can coexist just fine -- if done properly, of course.
I was making a good-natured nudge at board brother Turkeytop. He has frequently alleged that after CBC Radio 2 cut back on classical some years back, all of their shows became "garage band."
I don't know how the other CBC Music FM outlets sound, but 89.9 Windsor's audio is pretty lousy, IMO. Thin, low level/modulation, mid to lo-fi.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic