Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTOD still for Sale?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WOHO

WTOD still for Sale?

Post by WOHO » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Has Cumuli's offshoot lowered the asking price for 106.5 WTOD-Swantucky yet?
How long are they allowed to flounder without dumping their bonus stations, or are they betting on another Telecom Act, worse than 1996, that will allow foreign countries to own US broadcast stations so they can dump them on the wholesale level?

Deleted User 15475

Re: WTOD still for Sale?

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 am

I had forgotten about this station, it's the only one left in The Trust isn't it? If I recall, 94.5 in Green Bay WI so acquired by EMF. The one in Jefferson Missouri(?) was just shut down all together and the one in Albany Georgia was sold to a local broadcaster, I believe The Format is AAA.

My educated guess is, there not in any sort of hurry or the price there requesting is too steep. One thing they ought to do is put The Zone back on this signal, as well as keep it on 100.7fm. With the demise of 89x, many in Toledo are left with only a 82 watt translator for new rock music, WIOT and WXKR primarily feature mullet rock.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:29 am

Don't think EMF would be interested as their K-LOVE 96.9 stick has to already be pretty close to the WTOD antenna, isn't it? Buys them no OTA listeners.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:25 pm

Pinhead wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 am
I had forgotten about this station, it's the only one left in The Trust isn't it? If I recall, 94.5 in Green Bay WI so acquired by EMF. The one in Jefferson Missouri(?) was just shut down all together and the one in Albany Georgia was sold to a local broadcaster, I believe The Format is AAA.

My educated guess is, there not in any sort of hurry or the price there requesting is too steep. One thing they ought to do is put The Zone back on this signal, as well as keep it on 100.7fm. With the demise of 89x, many in Toledo are left with only a 82 watt translator for new rock music, WIOT and WXKR primarily feature mullet rock.
IOT is really stale right now. They haven't added new songs in quite a while, and rely heavily on classic rock already played on 'XKR.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:05 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:25 pm
Pinhead wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 am

IOT is really stale right now. They haven't added new songs in quite a while, and rely heavily on classic rock already played on 'XKR.
But frankly, listeners in Toledo WANT Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi and Poison 700 times a day instead of Ghost or The Pretty Reckless. I remember IOT was playing newer heavier stuff in the nationally voicetracked dayparts including middays around 2012 and their ratings suffered for it, so they put Big Aimee in middays back live and local and eventually evolved back into their stale old self.

as for 106.5, nobody's going to want it until one of the Christian broadcasters has money to burn and with Covid who knows how long that will be. and since it's technically not Cumulus property anymore simulcasting with 100.7 would do no good really. It'll just be a total bare bones operation running ESPN Radio 23 hours a day and serving to keep the OSU rights away from Ifart here until someone finally pays up for that shitty signal.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:18 am

WOHO wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:29 am
Don't think EMF would be interested as their K-LOVE 96.9 stick has to already be pretty close to the WTOD antenna, isn't it? Buys them no OTA listeners.
2 words- "Air One."

K-Love is way too prissy. Listeners listen to CC online, which they can hear other stuff beyond "Elevator-to-Heaven" semi-soft stuff that Great-Grammy listens to. K-Love is too old for the young impressionables. Everyone knows you need to get them young, to believe and then feel guilty enough to donate.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:46 pm

K-Love earns decent, even great ratings, in many Nielsen monitored markets.

The national playlist WIOT used several years back during the workday no longer exists; iHM reshaped it by removing all currents, recurrents, and pretty much all music less than 15 years old.

WIOT today uses the national playlist in evenings, during weekends, and perhaps other dayparts, too.

107.5 in Lima uses that very same crappy national playlist around the clock.

I agree with Curly that the 2012 version was far, far better.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm

I liked WIOT'S playlist from 2012. Had a lot of newer stuff but a lot of classics as well. It definitely kept the whole station fresh at the time. Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, and Motley Crue were all on the 2012 playlist.

burytheneedle

Post by burytheneedle » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:55 am

Has Cumuli's offshoot lowered the asking price for 106.5 WTOD-Swantucky yet?
How much was the asking price?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 am

They will never sell it because they are run by dummies.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:02 pm

Only a real fool would be the buyer, for reasons I have previously outlined.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic