Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The New Q105

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

Re: The New Q105

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:59 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:34 pm
The problem with CHR Radio in general is most people making programming decisions are white guys in their 40s or 50s. Yeah, there may be a local PD who is younger, but those guys are figure heads. All they do is implement marching orders from the corporate office.

No money for meaningful local contests. Increasing reliance on out-of-town content with no on-air listener interaction (i.e. phoners). Uninteresting music choices.

Look at CHR/Pop, Rhythmic CHR, Hip-Hop and Alternative station ratings in PPM markets. Over the past 120 days, scores of heritage stations have seen their worst ratings EVER. In some cases, the record lows have broken prior record lows by a country mile.

Adults under 40 are abandoning old fashioned radio in droves. Working from home makes it easier to listen to alternate sources for music or other aural content.
Exactly. This was one of my points earlier. And nobody is even attempting to catch 30 and under anymore. Q105 IS your grandmother's radio station. They play the hits they think she would like, and speak her language. From my original post, they have not changed any music. Same lame Hot AC as a few months ago. Peapod is the closest to the CHR demo they really need to catch. Everybody else is what we LGBTQ's call "a troll." Way too old for the party... ie., not hip enough for the room. Then add old farts doing traffic, in the afternoon.

It's clear why nobody wants to listen to Q105, old or new. It's just a cart rotating over and over and over (pre-Maestro and OpX). Same old station, new name. Spotify and Pandora thank Cumulus and Q105.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:04 am

MicProcessor_22 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:12 am
TeddyBear wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:36 pm
Sad thing is- They seem more upbeat than Kiss Toledo.
I find this hard to believe. Kiss sounds more upbeat, while a jar of peanut butter also sounds more upbeat than Q105.
Actually, yes. I had a friend who works for WNCI in Columbus tell me the other day that 75% of their (WNCI HD1 - local, not Premium Choice, like the most of Ohio) music is not upbeat. They listen to the 97.9 HD2 instead, which is LGBTQ- "Pride Radio").

That being said, iHeart seems to be powering down allot of the music, on a national basis.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:37 am

WNCI in Columbus has long been a very "safe" sounding station by CHR standards.

It was a shame to see Hot AC lose a full market signal when 97.1 flipped to Sports; Hot AC earned very healthy ratings on that signal.

iHM obviously won't do Hot AC, since it would eat into WNCI's numbers. Saga does Hot AC on a shit signal (107.9). NABCO is a rarity - they're down to one full power FM signal (99.7 The Blitz).

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:37 am
WNCI in Columbus has long been a very "safe" sounding station by CHR standards.

It was a shame to see Hot AC lose a full market signal when 97.1 flipped to Sports; Hot AC earned very healthy ratings on that signal.

iHM obviously won't do Hot AC, since it would eat into WNCI's numbers. Saga does Hot AC on a shit signal (107.9). NABCO is a rarity - they're down to one full power FM signal (99.7 The Blitz).
Mix 107.9 is Hot AC, but not as hot as it could be. Someone should be closer to WNCI. But there isn't. If 107.1 was still CHR, the market would be better. My friend clearly remembers WAHC-FM being 107.1 Kiss FM.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic