Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 6 at 7:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Robert Shiels stepping aside from WTOL after 27 years

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
radioandtventhusiast

Robert Shiels stepping aside from WTOL after 27 years

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:49 am

https://www.wtol.com/article/about-us/w ... 4272cfeda7

He plans to leave when the severe weather season is over. It looks like more golfing is planned for him in the future. Best of luck to him.

I actually met him taking a tour of the WTOL studios over 10 years ago. He was quick to answer my questions and even gave me a weather map at the end. Really nice guy.

CurlyHoward

Re: Robert Shiels stepping aside from WTOL after 27 years

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:03 pm

also stole Fatdrew Z's wife lol

windsor

Post by windsor » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:22 pm

All the best Robert, enjoyed your wx on WTOL, go enjoy your next chapter.... :D

Proud Graduate of the Crankin Craig School of Broadcasting

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:36 pm

Robert's gone through allot. Glad to see he is now stable. I'm sure he'll be around and still on-air. But... something smells fishy at WTOL. There's a reason, we aren't seeing yet, regarding his leaving. Notice how he is the ONLY full-timer left on WTOL?

Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 am

Did Robert get Covid? Seems like he had a health issue a while back? Hope he's doing alright, despite being married to Andrew Z's ex-wife.

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:24 pm

WOHO wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 am
Did Robert get Covid? Seems like he had a health issue a while back? Hope he's doing alright, despite being married to Andrew Z's ex-wife.
No. Had a problem with the bottle.

Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:01 pm

This sucks. His forecasts weren’t full of hype, and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy on air and off. Hope he is able to get some relaxation after this.

Also if what you’re saying is true TeddyBear, I’m glad he took care of that problem. I’ve had several family members go down that road.

Take anything people say with a grain of salt, a lime wedge, and maybe a bottle of tequila.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic