Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone working July 5?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
fuzzpower

Anyone working July 5?

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:03 am

WSPD has absolutely no local news updates in the morning, just statewide. Do they even have a reporter at Speedy these days?

The Adams stations in Fort Wayne had news updates telling us tomorrow is Independence Day. Just pathetic.

Deleted User 14990

Re: Anyone working July 5?

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Also, 100.7 Toledo reran the same best of Dave Ramsey Segment within 3 hours of each other. I took my 1st break at work at 9am today, then lunch at noon, I'll be damned if it wasn't the same segment, same caller. Lazy ass's

Deleted User 15062

Re: Anyone working July 5?

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Yes the radio stations do treat this like is memorial or Labor Day weekend. I am shocked, that wxkr does not have a 500 song countdown. There are a lot of weekenders scheduled, from Friday forward. The bigger point, is that the two major companies in Toledo want to have the full timers take time off. They'd rather them do it Now versus ratings time. Yes Toledo dma gets rated all year long. However, there are more important parts of that year that are focused on. On most of the stations, this weekend voice tracking is H***. That way cumulus does not have to pay anything over $18 per shift. Part-timers only get paid for 2 hours, while they are voice tracking. Cumulus full-timers must suck it up, because it is part of their salary contract. This is a cumulus mandate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic