All accepted registrations through April 20 at 9:45a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Will URban expand in Toledo?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WZRC 1067

Will URban expand in Toledo?

Post by WZRC 1067 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:21 pm

With URban llc, unloading there entire Muscle Shoals/Florence cluster, this leaves them with 5 stations. 2 in Toledo and 3 in Columbus Mississippi. I'm not sure why they sold that cluster of stations, I know little about URban as a company. My own theory is they might be looking to expand in Toledo. Candidates would be : WTOD, WPFX,and maybe WJUC. A big broadcaster would have no interest in these signals, there mediocre at best in terms of coverage.

However a small company, might be able to make a go at one of them. Possibly enter URban? If they were to acquire 2 signals, they would have to do 2 non urban based formats, not to hurt Wjze and WIMX. Say a Jack FM and a soft ac. If just 1, then maybe a simulcast for WJZE or Gospel "praise" type format. If they were to get, say 106.5 on the cheap it might be worth it but I wouldn't over pay for any of the said signals.

No we won't shut up, we're just babylon and on
Babylon on, babylon and on... Puh puh puh Pussycat! SHUT UP! - Faster Pussycat

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic