Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Toledo radio Predictions for 2019

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Myron Falwell

Re: Toledo radio Predictions for 2019

Post by Myron Falwell » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:46 pm

That 106.5 in the trust and presumably programmed independently from Cumulus proper was apparently more than enough for the bankruptcy courts.

Remember that last December, iHeart placed an AM station in Boston and two rimshot FMs in Seattle into a trust in order to acquire stations spun off from CBS Radio-Entercom. After the trust was consummated, those three stations flipped to placeholder formats with no websites or webstreams. AFAIK, they are all presumably for sale, with no takers... but those three stations are the trust's problem, not iHeart's.

Same thing applies here... Cumulus proper should have no direct oversight over 106.5, and can't be the ones determining a buyer, if a buyer were to arise. Yeah it's a total formality but you get the picture.

All that being said, Urban LLC would be a logical buyer for 106.5. Wasn't sure if their sale of the Muscle Shoals cluster was completed yet or not.

Unless WSPD let Fred go and moved Scott into the morning slot (Scott is still WSPD's PD, last I checked) clearing Hannity live isn't possible ATM. That Hannity hasn't been cleared live on Speedy after all these years says a lot.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Deleted User 10525

Re: Toledo radio Predictions for 2019

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:17 am

True on SPD. Neither Fred nor Scott should go anywhere. They have a decent following. The buyer in AL is Singing river broadcasting(something like that), I could be wrong but I think one of the guys behind it is Parker Griffin(Griffith), a former congressman. The deal I don't believe has closed as of yet. I could be wrong but I almost wonder if that was the reason for exiting that market. To maybe expand a little in Toledo, say 106.5 or maybe 107.7. I don't know a lot about Urban llc, if they are carrying a lot of debt or how the company is doing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic