Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 29, 2022 at 6:45a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

K100's Cliff Smithers announces retirement

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
AMFMTV

K100's Cliff Smithers announces retirement

Post by AMFMTV » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:02 pm

radioandtventhusiast

Re: K100's Cliff Smithers announces retirement

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:32 pm

Saw that myself. Met him a few times myself. Such a class act.

It looks like a new co-host will join Lyn Casye in the mornings starting Monday. They're calling it new and improved. My guess is this wasn't of his own accord.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:51 pm

Gary Shores and Jeff Lamb are both heavily criticizing Cumulus for this. I'm confident this is a firing or laying off, "retiring" is too nice here.

This is Cumulus so I'm not surprised. This is the same company that fired many great personalities like Bill Manders, Craig Snyder, Ron Finn, Norm Wamer, Amy Davis, and London Mitchell (probably the longest-tenured employee Cumulus had at the time of his firing) and now Cliff. They don't care how many years you put in there or how loyal you are. Gary says there have been at least 11 GMs since Cumulus bought all the stations, which is a pretty high turnover rate for sure.

It appears the new guy's name is Marco. I don't know anything about him and I'm guessing he moved here from somewhere else.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:27 pm

I thought Lyn & Cliff were doing just fine, but what can this new morning show add that Lyn & Cliff couldn't? It looks like there's new segments too, including relationship & love advice and acting out FB fights. It just seems weird to me. Show seems like it would work better on a CHR or Hot AC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic