Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kenny Rogers, the Gambler, WCWA

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WOHO

Kenny Rogers, the Gambler, WCWA

Post by WOHO » Wed May 05, 2021 9:24 am

I must be slow on this one, but WCWA's format sounds like a backroom bookie joint, not a sports channel anymore to me? Nothing but betting odds, etc? My guess is they don't even care about ratings on WCWA as long as they just keep getting paid to run the national spots and air the broadcasts? I don't care for the audio- half the people aren't in a broadcast studio and digital cellphones on radio are barely usuable now, but even worse on the HD broadcast. Ouch. Is there that big of sports betting market to support a 1KW AM radio station in Market #105?
I think the TOH ID should be Kenny Rogers singing "The Gambler" with that unusual betting format?

80sTalkRadioFan

Re: Kenny Rogers, the Gambler, WCWA

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Wed May 05, 2021 1:50 pm

At least the regular sportstalk is on until at least 3:00 pm. They still air Dan Patrick and Colin Cowherd from Fox Sports Radio and of course "Ex's & Bros" in morning drive. Hopefully with the Toledo Mudhens back in action, those late afternoon/evening betting shows will be preempted a lot. I like the Kenny Rogers/Gambler id suggestion but nobody at iHeart would do something that creative and cool.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed May 05, 2021 2:24 pm

They started airing gambling shows on the first of March, and rebranded it as "The Gambler".

The Mud Hens aired last night, so expect the programming to be preempted. Same with the Walleye starting in the fall.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu May 06, 2021 3:30 am

Fox Sports Radio's evening and overnight shows are terrible so who really cares. and yes, between the Mud Hens, Walleye, and I believe they still have the Pistons, whatever they run at night is going to be preempted 200+ times a year.

Sports gambling is on its way to being legal in probably all 50 states so it's nice to hear honest discussions of that instead of endless "Is Lebron/Tiger/Brady the goat" debates.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu May 06, 2021 3:35 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:30 am
Fox Sports Radio's evening and overnight shows are terrible so who really cares. and yes, between the Mud Hens, Walleye, and I believe they still have the Pistons, whatever they run at night is going to be preempted 200+ times a year.

Sports gambling is on its way to being legal in probably all 50 states so it's nice to hear honest discussions of that instead of endless "Is Lebron/Tiger/Brady the goat" debates.
It definitely brings something different to sports radio, instead of hearing the same things on all the main sports radio networks.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri May 07, 2021 4:54 pm

"...In a bar in Toledo, across from the Depot..." damn, wrong Kenny Rogers song for the station ID

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:01 pm

WOHO wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:54 pm
"...In a bar in Toledo, across from the Depot..." damn, wrong Kenny Rogers song for the station ID
Indeed. Caesar's Showbar's been gone for ages. Problem is, that's where Kenny met Lucille... but never realized it was a man in drag. That man in drag was Joe Wicks! Funny thing, neither one was aware they both had girdles on!

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 am

"This Is It" by Kenny Loggins before that Kenny Rogers with "Coward Of The County".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic