Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

GLI Tourney on Fox UP

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
sinklair

GLI Tourney on Fox UP

Post by sinklair » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:29 am

Looks like the Big 10 Network and Bally Sports are giving up on college hockey. WLUC says it will air the Great Lakes Invitational with Michigan Tech later this month on Fox UP.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/20 ... utType=amp

Matt

Re: GLI Tourney on Fox UP

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:39 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:29 am
Looks like the Big 10 Network and Bally Sports are giving up on college hockey. WLUC says it will air the Great Lakes Invitational with Michigan Tech later this month on Fox UP.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/20 ... utType=amp
There's only one big ten team in the tourney now, why should btn air it? Oh yeah, you're just using this as another opportunity to shit on the company that shit-canned you.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:32 am

Who said anything about the world’s worst broadcaster in this post? Not me. You seemed obsessed, Matt, with me and Sinclair. You need to get a hobby or something, buddy. And you know this already, but I’ll remind you for the 197th time because of the short term memory issues you seem to have… I left Sinclair after my contract ended. Not fired. Didn’t quit early and break my contract. Left and took a better job. Unlike you who seems stuck in a McDonalds crew position. Not that there’s anything wrong with working for the man.

Now to return to the topic at hand — especially since Matt seems to always wants to make it about himself…

I was actually complimenting WLUC for deciding to pick up this hockey tournament. It will be seen by MANY more people because it’s being broadcast on free, over the air commercial TV than it would otherwise by being aired on cable. I hope other stations pick up the GLI as well.

But why would BTN or Bally’s run a hockey tournament featuring 3 Michigan teams (MSU, Michigan Tech, and Ferris State)? Maybe because that’s the content focus for both channels. But sometimes you just can’t fix stupid.

MetalUpYourAss1973

Post by MetalUpYourAss1973 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:57 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:32 am
Who said anything about the world’s worst broadcaster in this post? Not me. You seemed obsessed, Matt, with me and Sinclair. You need to get a hobby or something, buddy. And you know this already, but I’ll remind you for the 197th time because of the short term memory issues you seem to have… I left Sinclair after my contract ended. Not fired. Didn’t quit early and break my contract. Left and took a better job. Unlike you who seems stuck in a McDonalds crew position. Not that there’s anything wrong with working for the man.

Now to return to the topic at hand — especially since Matt seems to always wants to make it about himself…

I was actually complimenting WLUC for deciding to pick up this hockey tournament. It will be seen by MANY more people because it’s being broadcast on free, over the air commercial TV than it would otherwise by being aired on cable. I hope other stations pick up the GLI as well.

But why would BTN or Bally’s run a hockey tournament featuring 3 Michigan teams (MSU, Michigan Tech, and Ferris State)? Maybe because that’s the content focus for both channels. But sometimes you just can’t fix stupid.
TV6 and FOX UP seem really on board with playing the local favorites. I know they air various rivalry games involving NMU and Mich Tech. Too bad they can't get their poor signal coverage problem addressed. It would sure be nice to not have to pay subscription fees in order to view their channels, especially when I live in between both broadcast towers and can't get a signal from either one.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:50 am

Wondering if you’d be able to watch the games for free on WLUC’s streaming app or live stream on its website?

wsummers

Post by wsummers » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:30 pm

Sister station WILX in Lansing is also broadcasting the tournament.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:18 pm

Makes sense with Michigan State in its backyard. Wondering if they’ll find a broadcast partner in the Grand Rapids area

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic