Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Format change in Marquette...

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
audiophile

Re: Format change in Marquette...

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:27 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:13 pm
I must say - whoever designed the new logo for 93.1 did a spectacular job!!! :8)

https://www.facebook.com/93kRock

Would love to hear the new station! I hope streaming is coming soon!
Their target demo? LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Wow... even their Facebook page is an embarrassment.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:34 pm

Alright, so I listened to 93.1 for a few hours today. As soon as I turned it on they were in the middle of Kenny Wayne Shepherd's version of "Blue on Black".

I face palmed and thought to myself, "like we haven't heard this song a thousand times on this station".

After that though, they played a fairly decent list of so called "active rock". While it isn't really in my wheelhouse and I think it all sounds the same, it was a pretty dramatic improvement over the old setlist.

A couple oddities... about three hours after the KWS version of "Blue on Black", they played the Five Finger Deathpunch version... I guess the DJ really likes that song? At one point they played an ad for Church's Fried Chicken... thing is... I don't think there is a Church's within 300 miles. So are they piping this stuff in from afar?

I dunno... whatever... it sounded good in the truck anyway, but isn't something I'll keep on regularly.

Thread Killer

jjup

Post by jjup » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Thanks MW for the compliments on the logos and such. We are very excited about these stations. We have a great core of people that we hope to grow and make these stations the part of the community that they had been before. 93.1 and 99.5 are NOT a simulcast. They are separate signals and separate stations. These stations rock, s to speak.

Jay Fisher
Radio Results Network and Marquette Radio Group
In the janitorial arts

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:25 pm

jjup wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:59 pm
Thanks MW for the compliments on the logos and such. We are very excited about these stations. We have a great core of people that we hope to grow and make these stations the part of the community that they had been before. 93.1 and 99.5 are NOT a simulcast. They are separate signals and separate stations. These stations rock, s to speak.
Jay - since I'm possibly one of the few Soft AC fans on this board, what are some of your core artists/songs on 94.1 and 94.3?

jjup

Post by jjup » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Soft AC-Elton John, Celine, Phil Collins, Ed Sheeran, Journey. It's a soft/ bright AC format (both versions of the Breeze)

Jay Fisher
Radio Results Network and Marquette Radio Group
In the janitorial arts

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic